[POLL/IDEA] GBA/GBC Pi(Zero/3)

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!

Which system would you prefer a mod of?

GBA
67%
GBC
33%

Total votes: 51

DoubleFlush

Re: [POLL/IDEA] GBA/GBC Pi(Zero/3)

Post by DoubleFlush » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:03 pm

I'd be very interested in this. Provided it has options for x and y buttons, as well as perhaps a joystick, i'd pledge money to it in a heartbeat.
Everything put together sooner or later falls apart.

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:36 pm

I have done a build guide for the gamepie advance, you can view it on my site http://www.pitendo.co.uk. I'm also looking at a way to add x and y buttons.

joseflou

Post by joseflou » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:18 pm

I'll love if we can make this GBA happen. I saw the gamepiadvance and is pretty neat, but like must of u r searching for x and y buttons, but can we add analog buttons, I think the GBA has a lot of space.

hawker180

Post by hawker180 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Gameboy pocket would be good as I damaged one trying to install my back lit mod....oops
Custom 3D printed NES - Completed
Black CM3 Sword underway

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:13 pm

joseflou wrote:I'll love if we can make this GBA happen. I saw the gamepiadvance and is pretty neat, but like must of u r searching for x and y buttons, but can we add analog buttons, I think the GBA has a lot of space.
Apparently Gpio 14 and 15 were left open for x and y buttons, just got to workout what sort of buttons to use.

mrvanes

Post by mrvanes » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:25 pm

I've done a GBA build as well. I haven't made the time to write up, but have pics to show the visual build log. It has x/y buttons as well!
http://wiki.mrvanes.com/wiki/mrvanes/vi ... ance+Zero/

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:08 am

mrvanes wrote:I've done a GBA build as well. I haven't made the time to write up, but have pics to show the visual build log. It has x/y buttons as well!
http://wiki.mrvanes.com/wiki/mrvanes/vi ... ance+Zero/
Looks great, is that Wii u x and y buttons? What length tactical switches did u use? Did you put button wells in?

.jan

Post by .jan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:44 am

I just started planning to build a GBA with a Pi0. I am very much inspired by the attached picture. So the build definitely should have x and y buttons. Depending on space left the analog-stick looks temping.
Comparing to the attachment I would stay more on the stock side. D-pad should stay in original location, only x,y-buttons above a,b-buttons and analog-pad a littel bit smaller below the d-pad.
Attachments
gba.jpg
gba.jpg (89.1 KiB) Viewed 8005 times

Arnaudsoma

Post by Arnaudsoma » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:40 am

grenade44 wrote:
Arnaudsoma wrote:
I saw the http://gamepieadvance.com/ project and his GB Advance Zero Pi. This guy sell what we want, but at a very very expensive price !!! (look the website, and his Ebay staff...) I know all of this is many hours of work, but many of us wanted to made Pi zero GBA for low money, and my goal is not to do money (for now... ^^).
$80 isn't alot and includes everything you need minus the shell. thats alot cheaper than what I've spent on the GBZ.
Hi,
you right, first time for me the DIY wasn't with speaker and LCD (just the board "naked"), so it's a fair price !
Apologize from me...

I hope the next board will be with X ans Y buttons, so its would be perfect !