Mod for GameBoy Color (GBC), Gameboy Advance (GBA), Gameboy Advance SP (GBASP)

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
grenade44

Re: Mod for GameBoy Color (GBC), Gameboy Advance (GBA), Gameboy Advance SP (GBASP)

Post by grenade44 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:32 pm

Lpoolm wrote:
grenade44 wrote:
Lpoolm wrote:If there are any boards left I would also love one please? (in UK too)
Would also love a gba one (the first one) if you are considering one of them in the future, just bought a broken one for £4 delivered so looking at modding that once my gbz is finished!
Where did you find one that cheap? Ebay?
my £4 gameboy advance turned up, really nice condition BUT.... I got it working :lol: (bought as faulty) I can not bring myself to rip apart a working console so back on the hunt for a cheap faulty one! :D
Im the same, i dont want to use my working advance lol. i got out bidded for one eariler today, forgot it was finishing lol.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Mod for GameBoy Color (GBC), Gameboy Advance (GBA), Gameboy Advance SP (GBASP)

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Got the boards in:

They work fine too and I have tested all buttons, only thing I need to fix is the - on the speaker as that's common ground. I also need to slightly move the start button pads but they work fine as is.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Looks really interesting, will definitely be following your progress.

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:16 am

Also I guess that you don't anticipate a x and y button if you've gone ahead and designed the PCB already?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:33 pm

It was a request and that people really only wanted to do the A & B, and there isn't too much space on it and I wanted to see interest in this before I waste time doing all sorts of things. The fact that I'm giving them away for people to start projects and hopefully give me feedback and ideas to improve it isn't too bad now is it?

Any feedback of it's use for ideas will make me want to improve it but like I said it was a request and specifically was just an A & B setup.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

foodtogo

Post by foodtogo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:04 am

Helder wrote:Got the boards in:

They work fine too and I have tested all buttons, only thing I need to fix is the - on the speaker as that's common ground. I also need to slightly move the start button pads but they work fine as is.

Would be amazing if there was an all-in-one like what you designed for the DMG!!! 8-)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:29 am

I need to see what mods people do with this plain board before I consider anything else.

LondonDude

Post by LondonDude » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Do you still have any of these? I've got a few GBC housings lying around and a lot of free time.

NyteFury

Post by NyteFury » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm working on a Gameboy Pocket build currently.
Gameboy Pocket Zero [in progress]: http://imgur.com/a/L87uk

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:41 pm

I have some left over just PM me and we can set something up.