gameboy advanced sp

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
ShipStreeT

gameboy advanced sp

Post by ShipStreeT » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:41 am

so a found a gameboy advanced SP in my house and wondered can i use its screen, button pcb, battery and battery charging to make a pi zero? so what will be different is the "brain", well be replaced with the pi zero.
ive never worked with stuff like this and every screen , battery , or any electronic that i looked at doesnt ship to where i live :(
so because im out of resource i was wondering if the gameboy SP screen and other stuff will work with the pi zero

Rolen47

Re: gameboy advanced sp

Post by Rolen47 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 pm

You can't use the LCD because it doesn't have a driver board that the Raspberry Pi can use. You have to replace it with an LCD that can be connected to with composite, HDMI, or VGA. The Gameboy SP is a very small case, it will not be easy but it isn't impossible.

ShipStreeT

Post by ShipStreeT » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:26 pm

i see well my problem is that every board or screen or any thing that i need for the big gameboy zero project wont ship to israel which is sad.
put could i use the battery of it and charging board?

Rolen47

Post by Rolen47 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Yes you can use the battery. Not sure about the charging board, but I don't think it's separate from the motherboard, so probably not.

ShipStreeT

Post by ShipStreeT » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:50 pm

so best bet is to ditch the motherboard all togther and not to try to solder on to the existing stuff that i need?
i was thinking of soldering to the 3.7v rail line and to the buttons lines, because that motherboard got every thing needed, a battery that can be charged, buttons and audio

WesleyfuhPP

gameboy advanced sp

Post by WesleyfuhPP » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:49 pm

I noticed my gameboy has this weird sound coming from it when its on. Even with the volume down it has like a static sound coming from the speaker. Any ideas on how to fix this?