Razer Saber(Blue)tooth Project NEED HELP

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
Slavic Poetry

Razer Saber(Blue)tooth Project NEED HELP

Post by Slavic Poetry » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:33 am

Hey all! First time making a post here, sorry if I'm unclear about anything, but I have had a project idea for some time.

A long time ago, I bought a Razer Sabertooth 360 controller. Now, it worked really well for as long as I've owned it, but I've gotten newer controllers for myself and the thing just kinda gathers dust on my shelf. However, one thing I DON'T have is a good Bluetooth gaming controller. Something that I could use to play games on my smartphone when I'm out and about.

So my project idea is to take a Razer Sabertooth wired Xbox 360 controller and modify it in the following ways-
*Add a power bank to it that can be recharged (Lithium Ion would be best, the controller will accept a 500mA charge)
**Add a bluetooth transmitter to it so that it can transmit and be received by bluetooth enabled devices
Replace the port on the top of the controller with a female Micro USB or USB C port to charge the power bank
Possibly replace the 2.5mm audio jack on the bottom of the controller with a 3.5mm one

*The controller must be plugged into something that it can transfer data to, otherwise it won't turn on. In theory, as long as something is accepting the "Data+/-" wire signals, then I can also just wire the power wires straight into the battery.
**I'm not quite sure what steps I would need to take in order to have the signal coming from the controller be recognized as the controller. I may have to gut the circuit board and just keep the switches for the buttons and sticks, and just wire up an adafruit board inside the controller shell, but that's a lot of malarkey that I don't really want to deal with. I have seen a couple of places say that you can write your own program that interprets the signal, and that would probably be the better option, if necessary. At least then I don't run the risk of bricking the controller.

The final hurdle here is that the Razer Sabertooth has it's own onboard CPU, because it has rebindable buttons/adjustable joystick sensitivity etc. Now, all of this is handled in the controller itself, not through any external program.

I have two phones on me right now, an old ASUS Zenfone 2, and a Google Pixel. I game on an emulator, ePSXe, and it detects signals from the controller just fine.

If any of you guys would be able to help me out/ give me any advice as to how to proceed, that'd be fantastic!
Attachments
IMG_20170303_113336.jpg
IMG_20170303_113336.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 2219 times