WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
banjokazooie

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by banjokazooie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:40 am

reke wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:56 pm
anyone know if this teensy will be ok??

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product ... Title=true
Yes it is going to be OK

reke

Post by reke » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:51 pm

banjokazooie wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:40 am
reke wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:56 pm
anyone know if this teensy will be ok??

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product ... Title=true
Yes it is going to be OK
thanks i just irered that.

LordDarkScream

Post by LordDarkScream » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:37 pm

This is where I'm at now. Doing a layout to find the routing of my cables. I still have no idea how to hook up the audio or pot. Also how did you route the cables under the pcb board?
Also where did you connect the home button to on the teensy card? Also you have 2 orange dots for grounds but I have only found one on the in the images you provided.

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:36 am

Sorry if I missed it I did search the thread but where did you get the sd card PCB's?

Cheers
John

*Edit - Never mind I found it :?

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:36 am

LordDarkScream wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:37 pm
This is where I'm at now. Doing a layout to find the routing of my cables. I still have no idea how to hook up the audio or pot. Also how did you route the cables under the pcb board?
Also where did you connect the home button to on the teensy card? Also you have 2 orange dots for grounds but I have only found one on the in the images you provided.
The home button and all of the digital inputs can be hooked up to any input on teensy and later changed in software. Don't be bothered with the pictures just make sure the analog joysticks are connected to analog inputs and use any ground points available, it really does not matter the picture is just an idea how can it be hooked up.

LordDarkScream

Post by LordDarkScream » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Getting closer. Just have to route the LH dirctional control card wires. After that just the lay out of the audio and power/charge components.
I might try to route some of wires under the PCB board to keep the clutter down.

What is the wiring for the speakers? How is the audio circuit itself wired? How is the DAC SOUNDCARD wired to receive power and audio signal? And I'm still not clear on how to wire the pot for volume regulation.

Is this the circuit you used for the power button? Along with this cap: 100uF 16V capacitor with the power button connected to the power boost GPIO?

Still no use for the TV button or is it buried somewhere in your post...lol

Also where did to place your red and green LEDs coming off the charging circuit?

Also is the teensy unit usb male end wired to the pi to receive power and data, and then the pi wired to the usb female end at the top of the controller where the old ir blaster was located? Or is it just a straight through wire bundle to the old IR blaster spot?

Im sure im missing just a couple more things but I should be finished soon.
Last edited by LordDarkScream on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 pm

LordDarkScream wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Getting closer. Just have to route the LH dirctional control card wires. After that just the lay out of the audio and power/charge components.
I might try to route some of wires under the PCB board to keep the clutter down.

What is the wiring for the speakers? How is the audio circuit itself wired? How is the DAC SOUNDCARD wired to receive power and audio signal? And I'm still not clear on how to wire the pot for volume regulation.

Is this the circuit you used for the power button? Along with this cap: 100uF 16V capacitor with the power button connected to the power boost GPIO?

Also where did to place your red and green LEDs coming off the charging circuit?

Also is the teensy unit usb male end wired to the pi, and then the pi wired to the usb female end at the top of the controller where the old ir blaster was located?

USB sound card is wired just from the RPI usb port. Then the audio out is routed to pot and after that to audio amplifier and speakers.
The picture is the circuit for the on/off function. The TV button was unused but in my wii u compustick project it cycle through RGB leds.
The charging leds are connected to the buttons pcb's corresponding led's. The teensy and top usb are connected to ports on the RPI3.

LordDarkScream

Post by LordDarkScream » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:06 pm

banjokazooie wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 pm
LordDarkScream wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Also is the teensy unit usb male end wired to the pi, and then the pi wired to the usb female end at the top of the controller where the old ir blaster was located?

USB sound card is wired just from the RPI usb port. Then the audio out is routed to pot and after that to audio amplifier and speakers.
The picture is the circuit for the on/off function. The TV button was unused but in my wii u compustick project it cycle through RGB leds.
The charging leds are connected to the buttons pcb's corresponding led's. The teensy and top usb are connected to ports on the RPI3.
Thanks for all the help. Any other things I should lookout for that I might miss?

LordDarkScream

Post by LordDarkScream » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Where do you solder the wires on the board that controls TV/power and home? What wires are running through the 2 holes next to the teensy unit?

LordDarkScream

Post by LordDarkScream » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:01 am

Well since I can't get answer. Does anyone know how to wire the home button board to make it work with the teensy unit?