WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
doggerx

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by doggerx » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:25 am

@IrieMars
Thanks for sharing your project mod. I think it's usefull. I saw your link to buy a FFC adapter for 10 pin already assembly and it's perfect!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2017136927 ... noapp=true
I found the same product on aliexpress too in bundle with 2 board!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-lo ... 87249.html

Unfortunatly i can't find an assembly ffc adapter for 18pin bottom board. If anyone found that please tell us, thanks!

@ZackWizard
Thanks for your teensy improved code and for the analysis of Home-TV-Power ffc cable. I have 2 question.
- Like Verdammt89 i ask you (if you know) what are the pins for control the 2 led on the same button board?

- Like advoloastra is there a possibility to not use the power button for change mode to psx and n64 and mame?

I suggest, only if possible of course, this hypothetical configuration:
- Holding TV and START toggle enable/disable MAME Mode
- While holding TV you can click the LEFT stick and it will toggle between Joystick and Keyboard modes
- While holding TV you can click the RIGHT stick and it will toggle between PSX and N64 modes default is N64

Thank you very much for your work!

PS: I found this board for mounting all the stuff inside the gamepad, like the original one, but with holes. I think it's probably good like the original because the original one is more difficult to found:
https://aliexpress.com/item/Free-shippi ... 14629.html
The size is bigger then the gamepad and probably that need to be cut!

IrieMars

Post by IrieMars » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:24 pm

doggerx wrote:@IrieMars
Thanks for sharing your project mod. I think it's usefull. I saw your link to buy a FFC adapter for 10 pin already assembly and it's perfect!

Unfortunatly i can't find an assembly ffc adapter for 18pin bottom board. If anyone found that please tell us, thanks!

Thanks man. I don't think I would have gotten passed the soldering of that board and connector if it was up to me and my lack of soldering skills. I attempted to do it before my frustration led me to the internet to find a easy solution. Anyways, my gamepad never arrived with that connector and to be honest I never really had an interest in utilizing those three buttons. I would direct those questions to Banjo and Zack, I think they ended up figuring out how to wire those.

ZarkWizard

Post by ZarkWizard » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:28 pm

doggerx wrote: @ZarkWizard
Thanks for your teensy improved code and for the analysis of Home-TV-Power ffc cable. I have 2 question.
- Like Verdammt89 i ask you (if you know) what are the pins for control the 2 led on the same button board?

- Like advoloastra is there a possibility to not use the power button for change mode to psx and n64 and mame?

I suggest, only if possible of course, this hypothetical configuration:
- Holding TV and START toggle enable/disable MAME Mode
- While holding TV you can click the LEFT stick and it will toggle between Joystick and Keyboard modes
- While holding TV you can click the RIGHT stick and it will toggle between PSX and N64 modes default is N64
Pin 7 on the 18 pin cable is the power LED. No other LED is powered by the cable, and if it is I don't know it. Once again if you are connecting it to the Teensy you'll want to connect ground to pin 16, and 7 to one of the Teensy pins.

If you refer to my Teensy programming thread I give more details over there about the Teensy. If you need some help with the code I'd suggest posting in there to keep the Teensy stuff in a single thread. It'd be too hard to follow if I post in here.

You could easily make the changes to my code to do what you require.

Post in this thread if you need specific help with the Teensy code:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 956#p23956

cristiamp

Post by cristiamp » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:05 am

IrieMars wrote:
doggerx wrote:@IrieMars

Thanks man. I don't think I would have gotten passed the soldering of that board and connector if it was up to me and my lack of soldering skills. I attempted to do it before my frustration led me to the internet to find a easy solution. Anyways, my gamepad never arrived with that connector and to be honest I never really had an interest in utilizing those three buttons. I would direct those questions to Banjo and Zack, I think they ended up figuring out how to wire those.

hi

I leave this to you if it works for you

it's my job:

* all leds common ground
* Tv button - Home button common ground
* power Isolated button "With patience and cutter"
Attachments
01671524ab94403fcf6ec9c401f61110cbf58f46e3.jpg
01671524ab94403fcf6ec9c401f61110cbf58f46e3.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 8697 times

ZarkWizard

Post by ZarkWizard » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:20 am

cristiamp wrote: I leave this to you if it works for you

it's my job:

* all leds common ground
* Tv button - Home button common ground
* power Isolated button "With patience and cutter"
Nice work. I was trying to avoid wiring to the panel. I wanted to control as much as I could via the 18pin FRC. I couldn't find any connections for the Home LED off the cable. I could only find the red power LED.

To avoid cutting the board, people could wire most of the button connections up to the FRC and then just wire the Home LED, or what ever LED they wanted using your post.

Thanks for the post, I am sure people will find it helpful.

cristiamp

Post by cristiamp » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:28 am

hi

led home, is for 8 flat, direcction to charge bay
Attachments
14.jpg
14.jpg (63.03 KiB) Viewed 8667 times

cristiamp

Post by cristiamp » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:28 am

sorry for my bad english......

spanish is my languaje :D :D :D :D :D

jimathy666

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED sourcing parts

Post by jimathy666 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:07 am

Hey I'm new to all of this and sound like an idiot, I can't for the life of me work out the sound wiring.
The wiring diagram is of no help to me, to me that's red and black lines connected to squares.
I'm a man who likes his ELI5 answers lol. I just cannot figure out how to wire the speakers circuit together and where to wire it after that.

Oh and is the switching between jack and speakers automatic? Or do I need to do something special to get that going

ZarkWizard

Post by ZarkWizard » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:24 pm

cristiamp wrote:hi

Nice catch. I didn't even look at that cable. I'll have to add it to the pin post out above.

Thanks.

jimathy666

Post by jimathy666 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:05 pm

ZarkWizard wrote:
cristiamp wrote:hi

Nice catch. I didn't even look at that cable. I'll have to add it to the pin post out above.

Thanks.
Oh I wouldn't have thought to check the 8pin fpc slot for the charging board.

That will work with the FPC to DIP connectors right? Make it more convenient in a way