Wii U - Raspberry - WiP

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
YaYa

Re: Wii U - Raspberry - WiP

Post by YaYa » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Follow me on instagram Image

Green Alex

Post by Green Alex » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi guys ! Or girls maybe ;) ...
Thanks for all the people's work around here, it's very impressive and interesting to look at all this very nice projects.
But I still have a big, main problem...
I've been looking Banjo's topic (and others like yours) for months, ordrered all the stuff, received almost everything, but even though my electronic skills are certainly lower than lots of people here, I didn't find anything about the danger putting 2 or more li-ion batteries in parallel. Even with battery protection and proper tp4056 for charging...
Did you read about this ? And did you found another solution, or... you just don't care :D ?..
Because I received my 2 18650 Panasonic batteries, and I'm quite disturbed now, alter a few very clear readings about this :| .

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:09 pm

To make parallel batteries, you need to wire PLUS to PLUS, GND to GND.
You must be very careful, i insist on very careful, VERY CAREFUL with those batteries in parallel.
First charge every battery independently to full load. Test the batteries independently, the output voltage in voltmeter MUST be almost exact match, no more than 0,01 V difference !
The reason, the first plug will drain huge amount of volatge to balance from tougher to weakest. Batteries have internal resistance, and as you Know U=RI so to obtain I (current) you divide voltage by resistance....
Let's say you have half volt difference and internal resistance 80mohm...
0,5/0,08=6,25A !!!!!! And bow in your face... or if you are lucky, it just make wooosh and take fire...

BE WARNED...

After first plug, you charge normally as if it was a single battery.

Voila :mrgreen:

Green Alex

Post by Green Alex » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Thanks for the explanations !
So, if it doesn't blow me away on first take, It's OK... I feel a lot safer now :lol: !
I don't know if I'll try, because of my practice and also my cheap voltmeter ;) ...
I'll maybe first mount everything with one battery, which can allow me around 1h30 (Panasonic 18650, 3400mah), and in a second time find a solution. The best should be to find a 10 000 flat battery which fits inside the gamepad, but I imagine it's not so easy, regarding all your projects with 18650 ones...
Do you know one flat 10 000 battery with protection which allow around the 4a needed ? I didn't find one yet.
Or maybe I should take a powerbank with 2X2,5a, put it on the back, and try to make a nice case...
Voila où j'en suis... A savoir, pas très loin...
Merci en tous cas :mrgreen: !

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Ya que des français lol :lol:

Don't be afraid. Instead a of a good voltmeter, you need a good battery charger. Like the one i use for my RC model cars... with intelligent charging.
You plug each battery separately and charge it at 0,5C so it will get better charge.
After the full charge, you test voltage, and if you have the right charger, you can use it, it will be more accurate.
Also, with a good charger, you can read internal battery resistance :mrgreen:
Make the voltage test after waiting at least 2 hours to allow battery to sit and get cooled down. This will allow voltage to come to nominal rate thus give a more accurate reading. If you have less than 0,01 voltage difference, feel safe to connect them together .

:mrgreen:

Green Alex

Post by Green Alex » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Welcome to SudoFrenchyMods 8-) !
Ok, you must be right, I'll try this... Is this charger ok ? I found some good reviews, but no mention of int batt resistance...
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Nitecore-Digicha ... Sw~FJZHp0m
If I spend more money, my wife will ask for a divorce :mrgreen: ...

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:49 pm

forget this and buy this one
https://hobbyking.com/fr_fr/turnigy-acc ... pable.html

it is the model i am using (i have 3 of them) and zero problem. Very accurate, charges every type of battery, precise voltage measurement, inner battery resistance read ... charge up to 6A without a controlled power supply. It is not compatible with AC220-240 so you will need an external power supply or a 12V battery (for example)

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Any update Marty ?

Marty33

Post by Marty33 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:10 pm

I stop all. I wait my CJnyc3 home button PCB.

Whith this, i can remove my FPC version, and have more place !

I wait my resistors, LED in 0805 version.

Wait.... wait.... wait :-D (too long for me, arglllllll)

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Arrrrgh... we spend all our time waiting lol... me too i'm waiting for Kite to ship the SAIO to finish my Game Boy, then i'll go with my Minitel project lol.

I have started a topic here http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4064