Troubles with PS3 controller

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
Droopy22

Troubles with PS3 controller

Post by Droopy22 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi,

I installed retropie with a bluetooth keyboard (with its own BT dongle) and a usb generic joypad and it all works fine but.... damned cable.
I tried to recycle a PS3 controller, i plugged an ASUS BT dongle.... it was a disaster... i tried with onboard BT (raspberry 3 with the newest retropie image), it's OK... but as "player 2"

I went in retroarch menu, i tried many ways to switch Player 1 and player 2 gamepad.... it worked one time but start button made me go back to retropie.
Now, when i try to put my PS3 controller as P1 controller, buttons don't work (unable to go one step back in menu or to exit retroarch or to put back generic as P1 controller), some other times, i can't even change line in retroarch menu with any controller (generic, ps3, keyboard), i have to reboot the Pi.

How to get PS3 controller fully fonctionnal in game and in retroarch menu? (i'm backing up my roms and my bios file if i need to reinstall system)

When booting without keyboard and without generic usb pad, PS3 controller is still as Player 2 controller....

It makes me nuts.

Thanks