Can't get sound out of retropie, using helder aio

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
hobbyist

Can't get sound out of retropie, using helder aio

Post by hobbyist » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Hey guys really desperate for some insight on how to configure pwm audio on the raspberry pi 0. I'm brand new to this and unsure on how to edit the config. Can you edit it straight off of the micro sd, save changes, and put the card back into the pi with new settings? Or, do I need to be connected to wifi on the pi and do configuring on the pi itself? Kind of lost here. I tried editing the config that Wermy has in his guide under the sd card but couldn't save changes do to permissions to see if the changes would give me sound. Stumped if anyone can steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated :)

Ganreizu

Re: Can't get sound out of retropie, using helder aio

Post by Ganreizu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:47 pm

hobbyist wrote:Can you edit it straight off of the micro sd, save changes, and put the card back into the pi with new settings?
Yes. Doing this is intended which is why the config is one of the few files that are visible.

Helder has a pre-configured config file in the first post of his thread that you can use instead of doing the edits yourself.

hobbyist

Re: Can't get sound out of retropie, using helder aio

Post by hobbyist » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:36 pm

oh awesome, but my other problem is the permissions to edit the config. For some reason when I try to save the changes to the config it says something along the lines of I do not have permission to edit this file, tried running in admin still no dice. Thanks for the quick reply