Recalbox

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring Recalbox
shawng

Re: Recalbox

Post by shawng » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Recalbox is great, I use it for my Bar Top arcade with no problems (pi3), but I am having problems with my gameboy mod with the gpio setting for pi (Zero). I enabled the gpio pins in the setings but can't get the directional pad to register properly, any suggestions would be appreciated.

sggeek

Post by sggeek » Tue May 16, 2017 10:31 am

Hi, I just got the latest version of recalbox and it doesn't seem to work on raspi-zeroW. Works on raspi3 though. Anyone knows how to install it on raspi-zeroW?

tikiandskull

Post by tikiandskull » Thu May 18, 2017 1:49 am

@sggeek This is the translation (google) of a post on the Recalbox forum

"Here is the summary of the procedure for starting the rpi0w on recalbox 4.1 unstable with wifi and bt recognition.

To start recalbox 4.1 unstable on your rpi0w and activate the internal wifi to rpi0w:
Download the file "recalbox.img" rpi1 version of recalbox 4.1 unstable https://archive.recalbox.com/updates/v1.0/unstable/

Flash the image on your micro-sd card as you usually do with Win32disk for example

Recover files:
• bcm2708-rpi-0-w.dtb
• bootcode.bin
• fixup.dat
• start.elf
Of the latest version of "2017-03-02-raspbian-jessie-lite.img" (extract "0.fat" from this Raspbian-lite image with 7-ZIP and then extract these files from "0.fat" 7-ZIP)
Copy them to the boot partition of your recalbox micro-sd (replace existing files).
Start your recalbox with your rpi0w. Once ES is launched, the WiFi connection setting is made without problems from the network menu.

To use the internal BT at rpiw0:
Connection in ssh (login: root; password: recalboxroot)
Mount the partition completely for file modification (mount -o remount, rw /)
Edit Bluetooth Script
Nano /recalbox/scripts/bluetoothcontrollers.sh

Search "bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb" and replace it with "bcm2708-rpi-0-w.dtb"
Save and restart Recalbox and the internal BT at rpi0w is operational.

Since the rpi0w is not yet officially supported, each upgrade will have to be redone after the updates are installed. Pending the official integration of the rpi0w."

I also read :
The recalbox team works to add rpi0w in recalbox 4.0.3. (stable)
This build will be available soon