Mausberry Powerswitch

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
OrbitalPi

Mausberry Powerswitch

Post by OrbitalPi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:00 am

So I've got a Mausberry power switch laying about as I bought 2 for another project I was working on.

I know how they work well with standard plug power system. But I was wondering if anyone had any idea how they would behave with the powerboost.

I know when plugged in to wall power. It simply gives the pi the command to shut down and then doesn't cut the power until the pi has shut down. But how would it behave with the Adafruit powerboost?

Would it cut the power to the pi and not turn off the powerboost? or would it leave the powerboost on?

The wiring is not too much of issue I know where I'm going with it there, simply removing the micro USB slots and soldering wires from there but it's the behaviour I'm concerned about.

Any advice would be great guys :)
Not all Those Who Wander Are Lost

solder

Re: Mausberry Powerswitch

Post by solder » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:07 pm

You tested already adding this to your project? No reason it shouldn't work tho.
Have some of those lying around too collecting dust. Not decided yet if going pololu or mausberry.

Awesomenatious

Re: Mausberry Powerswitch

Post by Awesomenatious » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:31 am

Did you have any luck with this? Does it shut down the powerboost too? Did you figure out a config?

OrbitalPi wrote:So I've got a Mausberry power switch laying about as I bought 2 for another project I was working on.

I know how they work well with standard plug power system. But I was wondering if anyone had any idea how they would behave with the powerboost.

I know when plugged in to wall power. It simply gives the pi the command to shut down and then doesn't cut the power until the pi has shut down. But how would it behave with the Adafruit powerboost?

Would it cut the power to the pi and not turn off the powerboost? or would it leave the powerboost on?

The wiring is not too much of issue I know where I'm going with it there, simply removing the micro USB slots and soldering wires from there but it's the behaviour I'm concerned about.

Any advice would be great guys :)