Banggood Power Boost Wiring Diagram

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
vnman

Re: Banggood Power Boost Wiring Diagram

Post by vnman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:21 am

yves1984 wrote:@RetroGamingNow
i see my pic on my post and on the post that u replay from me.
May I?

I can see from your pic that the red light is on, this indicates that the power boost is charging the battery. I must admit that I have not try charging why playing, i.e. charging why all other deivces are on so I cannot say for sure if it work like that.

I can also see that the connectors are a bit flimsy and not connected properly that might be the reason, also note that the switch have to capable of handling high ampage. I bought these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-Pcs-5 ... 0.0.uTWiy0 and they work fine on my builds.

RetroGamingNow

Post by RetroGamingNow » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:02 am

yves1984 wrote:@RetroGamingNow
i see my pic on my post and on the post that u replay from me.
I couldn't see it on my work computer. Its still a little hard to see. Let me upload a pic. Click on this https://www.instagram.com/p/BMAtDe7AU-z/to see how i have mine wired. I will make note of a couple things though.

You should see the red led shine when plugged in but only when you have a battery wired which it looks like you do. That red will turn green when your battery is fully charged. To see a led glow when power is switched on I had to add an LED to the third slot available furthest from the micro usb port. I used a 3mm 2 pin led with a 120 resistor. Now when i turn the switch on it glows. You should be able to charge and play at the same time. If you look at the picture and how i position mine in the cartridge you can actually see the glow of the red when charging and green when fully charged right next to the micro usb port without having to cut additional holes too which makes it nice and clean. Hope some of this helped a little.

yves1984

Post by yves1984 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:08 am

thx guys for the help

i got now a bigger problem because my booster is gone...
it gave a little smoke and after that he burns....

so i must to order a new one and hope that it will work than.
thx

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:28 am

Help guys!

First time ive used a Banggood power supply as on my previous two builds i used the Adafruit Powerboost.

Have wired up as per the diagram above.

(No battery attached at this stage).

When i connect my micro USB charger, red light comes on on the Bangood. All ok?

I then connected my USB hub to the powerboard. All ok.

My USB hub has a blue LED and that's nice and bright when the Gameboy switch is on.

Problem is that as soon as i add more to the powerboard the LED on the USB hub dims considerably. I hooked up the Pi, screen etc and no output. The LED on the USB hub is dim which suggests there's a power issue?!

I unhooked screen, pi etc one by one and tried different combinations incase one of those was to blame but same fault. :?: :?:

Any ideas?

Regards

MishoIV

Post by MishoIV » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:28 am

Are you using this board for Lipo batteries? Description says 4.3V charge protection, but for Lipo you should have 4.2V.