How to Program Helder's All in One GBZ PCB with USBasp Programmer

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
rodocop

Re: How to Program Helder's All in One GBZ PCB with USBasp Programmer

Post by rodocop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:05 pm

daboosa wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:30 pm
RetroGamingNow wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:06 pm
My whole build is done for the most part. Everything is wired. Do i need to take it apart to reprogram the board at this point? I am using a MAC as well. Im kind of confused as to where to start here and how to do this. I downloaded the Arduino Sketches as well as the GBZAIO Fritzing Part. Just not sure as to how the exact process works on the OSX system.
Did you need to take it apart?

Thanks Daboosa
I didn't need to take mine apart, i was able to access the 6 pin holes and connect the USBasp programmer from the battery door. If you have left your battery compartment intact you will need to open it up to get at those pins. I have no idea how to do anything on OSx though, sorry.

vnman

Post by vnman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:37 am

Downloaded this -

From this thread - http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1766
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qebcxs7xf ... O+Code.zip

@Helder - which hex file is for AIO version 1.4, that supports analog stick?

LarsH.

Post by LarsH. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:02 am

I have now got the board programmed correctly. but when ever i set up the analog stick left and right are inverted :o. i switched the cables between x and y but that didn't changed anything, so i think there must be something wrong with the code ? Even when i invert the input its wrong :(. I hope some one can help me, please.
Sorry for my stupid english, im from Germany :roll:

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:57 am

When you configure the controls it asks you what is up/down/left/right for the analog stick so the code isn't wrong since retropie will configure whatever you press for that direction/button. It might need to be reconfigured again or while in the specific emulator your using that is giving you issues.

If you try the above and it still doesn't work I can try to change the code to see if it helps but you're one of a few people (less than 4 from all boards out there) to have this happen and I program all boards with the same code.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 am

I understand what helder is posting. Followt the instruction one by one. Download the files. Downliad the new hex files. Followt the pic insctuctions. Works. Read en debug. It helps aloud.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

8bitdan

Post by 8bitdan » Thu May 04, 2017 8:13 pm

@Helder is this the post you meant for updating the 2.2 with Analogue stick setup?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri May 05, 2017 1:32 pm

I would wait a few more days as there will be a new hex file for analog and no analog with better response and the battery monitor code integrated.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Mon May 29, 2017 11:36 am

So, it turns out I have an extra USBasp programmer, with the 10pin to 6 pin converter. If anyone needs one, you can send me a PM and if it's reasonable to ship to you I will do it for free, otherwise i'd like a few dollars for shipping. I am located in Canada.

I haven't tested this one, but I assume it works. I ordered it from ebay, and it was taking forever, so I bought another one, which I received weeks ago. I just received the original one I ordered last week (after about 3-4 months waiting...haha).

Jmk125

Post by Jmk125 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi,

So I have been having the problem that I have read of from a few other people's builds. Every so often, there is a slight delay on a button press. It is no one specific button. It was totally minor, but I am greedy and I wanted to fix it so that it was running perfectly. I also couldn't seem to get my L & R buttons to be recognized by retroarch. They are recognized when I set up the controlls in emulation station, but not in retroarch for any emulators even when I go into retroarch settings inside an emulator. For example when I enter the retroarch menu while running GBA, L & R wont even appear under "input" for me to set them at something manually - just D-pad and A and B.

So I read that reprogramming could fix the problem. I reprogrammed (Which I had done successfully in the past) and everything appeared to go smoothly. Afterwards, when I went to boot up, all of a sudden my screen wont power on. I checked all my connections, and everything is exactly the same. I have a custom splash screen in retropie that makes a sound that I can hear so I know that everything is booting up correctly, but for some reason now I have no screen.

Is there anything at all that could have happened (other than a connection coming loose (which I cannot find)0 that could be caused by programming?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated because I already had to replace my screen once due to bad soldering habbits...
Thanks in advance.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:13 am

Jmk125 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 pm
Hi,

So I have been having the problem that I have read of from a few other people's builds. Every so often, there is a slight delay on a button press. It is no one specific button. It was totally minor, but I am greedy and I wanted to fix it so that it was running perfectly. I also couldn't seem to get my L & R buttons to be recognized by retroarch. They are recognized when I set up the controlls in emulation station, but not in retroarch for any emulators even when I go into retroarch settings inside an emulator. For example when I enter the retroarch menu while running GBA, L & R wont even appear under "input" for me to set them at something manually - just D-pad and A and B.

So I read that reprogramming could fix the problem. I reprogrammed (Which I had done successfully in the past) and everything appeared to go smoothly. Afterwards, when I went to boot up, all of a sudden my screen wont power on. I checked all my connections, and everything is exactly the same. I have a custom splash screen in retropie that makes a sound that I can hear so I know that everything is booting up correctly, but for some reason now I have no screen.

Is there anything at all that could have happened (other than a connection coming loose (which I cannot find)0 that could be caused by programming?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated because I already had to replace my screen once due to bad soldering habbits...
Thanks in advance.
I doubt the programming would affect the screen. Did you open up the GBZ while you were re-programming? The only thing I can think of is that the screen connection came loose, or something along those lines (double check the ribbon connector and the soldering to the pi). Also, as for L and R in the GBA emulator, I've noticed the same thing, it only shows A and B, but my L and R still work in games that need them. If you were able to to have the L and R buttons detected in the emulationstation configuration, then there is no reason why they shouldn't work in GBA. Do the L and R buttons work in other emulators? Try to re configure them in emulationstation again?