Gba zero screen and other issues

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
solareon73

Gba zero screen and other issues

Post by solareon73 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:04 am

After reading up on the Gbz projects I decided to give it a go, but with a Gba instead.

The problem is that the 3.5" screens used in wermy's build wont fit in the Gba, I need a 3.2" screen. this is surprisingly hard to find as the screen cant use gpio (doesnt use the gpu) and composite input screens dont exist (or havent been manufactured recently). the closest ive found is this: http://www.buydisplay.com/default/lcd-3 ... lay-arduio . But i dont know if i can connect it to the pi zero or if the 90 degree rotation will affect emulation station (known to have issues with rendering).

additionally I intend to use a cartridge slot to allow 2 usb ports , a hdmi port and power supply. this would allow a gb cartridge to contain an expansion battery, usb devices and a hdmi port, what i want to know is if I can connect batteries like that and if it would be too difficult to pass the pins from the mini hdmi to the cartridge (is it too small to solder).

tl:dr -
i need a 3.2" display and can the cartridge slot be used for hdmi out and charging

thanks in advance for any advice
-solareon

*edit: after looking into dpi screens further they can be connected to the gpio (https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md), unfortunately im a dumbass and that information went straight over my head. if any one could explain it would be much appreciated.

Mtuckey

Re: Gba zero screen and other issues

Post by Mtuckey » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:25 am

why not just use a 3.5" screen and make your own screen protector? just get some 1mm plexi glass and cut it yourself