Double Analog Sticks for Absolute Newbie

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
BobzeMovie

Double Analog Sticks for Absolute Newbie

Post by BobzeMovie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:15 pm

As somebody who doesn't have any knowledge of how this stuff works (but is willing to learn) and who is great at asking questions, is there any way (keeping close to the gbz 'official' on this site) that you could integrate 2 analog sticks?

Just wondering as I noticed that it would be a good way to fill up some blank space on the front of the device, and it would be a reason to learn more (learn anything) about how a Teensy board and how analog input works (+ to learn how to do the rest of the stuff needed)

I know this is way over my head, but hey, why not ask?

(But yeah.... way over my head most likely)

vnman

Re: Double Analog Sticks for Absolute Newbie

Post by vnman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:55 am

BobzeMovie wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:15 pm
As somebody who doesn't have any knowledge of how this stuff works (but is willing to learn) and who is great at asking questions, is there any way (keeping close to the gbz 'official' on this site) that you could integrate 2 analog sticks?

Just wondering as I noticed that it would be a good way to fill up some blank space on the front of the device, and it would be a reason to learn more (learn anything) about how a Teensy board and how analog input works (+ to learn how to do the rest of the stuff needed)

I know this is way over my head, but hey, why not ask?

(But yeah.... way over my head most likely)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1615

As far as I know he is the first to implement 2 sticks. I will use 2 sticks as well when I have the time to start with Kite's board and Pi 3, as the moment I am busy with 1 "all black" and 1 transparent red builds.

dbak85

Re: Double Analog Sticks for Absolute Newbie

Post by dbak85 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:48 am

I have also used dual analog sticks and a teensy.

I modified @sotasystems 's code to work work with a teensy too.

you can take a look if you want: