Is this battery too good to be true?

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
RetroRocket

Re: Is this battery too good to be true?

Post by RetroRocket » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Chrisagu28 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:18 am
Well your tests and Dex's shipping situation convinced to order this battery. Hopefully it will arrive around the time I get Kites AIO board then I can build it up and see about getting some good results. I am hoping with his AIO and turning off wifi/bluetooth I can score around 5-6 hours. But we shall see. Do you recommend still shaving down the battery tray? or trim to make it snug?

Thanks again. BTW I am located in WA as well. I am over in bremerton. Talk about small world.
Oh nice, I'm on the other side of Seattle, in Kirkland.

I just checked it against my unmodified case (for GBZ 2) and it's a snug fit, but I think it could work with only removing the little ribs in the bottom that were meant to separate the AA cells.

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:36 am

RetroRocket wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm
I just purchased a similarly sized battery off eBay. I haven't received it yet but will inform when I get down to running some tests. You do have to be careful on the China battery claims (recently found a "10,000" mAh Li-Po that was 90mmx50mm), but I don't think the one you linked is too unreasonable.
Anymore news to report on this battery? I'm thinking I'm going to have to purchase one as well while I wait for Dex to sort shipping out if I'm going to start and complete this project before my bonding leave is over...

Chrisagu28

Post by Chrisagu28 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:13 am

which battery are you referring to? the one he ordered or he found on ebay, "10000 mAh" one? cause at the bottom of the first page he posts the run time he got out of the 4,000 mAh battery. he got roughly 5 hours out of his gbz build.

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:48 pm

The 4k battery. Just wanted to know if the capacity had diminished or anything. I have hope in dex figuring out a shipping solution but I'm starting to have doubts. A reasonable capacity battery is the last thing I need...

Chrisagu28

Post by Chrisagu28 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:18 am

atamagaokashii wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:48 pm
The 4k battery. Just wanted to know if the capacity had diminished or anything. I have hope in dex figuring out a shipping solution but I'm starting to have doubts. A reasonable capacity battery is the last thing I need...
I am in the same boat as you. I purchased a battery from the link provided as a back up or something to play with until Dex's situation clears up and I am finally able to get my hands on a battery. I would hate to have my GBZ sitting around batteryless while I wait for dex. worst case scenario is I have a battery from dex and one from ebay.

RetroRocket

Post by RetroRocket » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:29 pm

I'm still not quite complete with my build, having some serious overheating issues to parse through. I'm hoping to have it all done tomorrow, and I'll do some complete cycle tests. My thought was, even if it was exaggerated, it still fits better than the 2000 mAh one I initially got and I don't really want to slot out any more of the case.

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Overheating? I hour min didn't run into that... I bought some pictures zero heatsinks just in case. Just need to fit kites board inside and make sure it didn't impact the lcd

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:21 am

i also ordered this battery :)
looks good!

will do some cycle tests soon :)
My first GBZ build -=HERE=- -> Became a gift to my little brother!
My 2nd GBZ build -=WIP HERE=- -> going with HDMI!

r1sky

Post by r1sky » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:06 am

I bought the same battery off ebay. Works well. Fits the battery compartment without modification but you may want to add something so it doesnt wiggle as it fits in there but loose(rattles in the compartment). Mine came pre-stripped to wire to a jst connector.

C.Egret

Post by C.Egret » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:46 pm

It´s possible use a battery of 3.8v instead 3.7v without "fry" the raspberry pi zero or some other component?