[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
HoolyHoo

[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:56 am

NEW PSP Layout for Kite's New Circuit Sword, SAIO or Helder's Board

Introducing the latest to the bracket family. Made to house a PSP1000 joystick as well as the usual SNES style buttons and screen holder.
Bracket mounts as usual. The PSP joystick is kept from pivoting with small plastic pin in the bracket which goes in PSP hole mount. In the other hole mount of the PSP you just need a very small screw to keep it secure (not included). Kite or Helder's board sits flush with PSP joystick keeping the PSP from coming out once secured. Bracket is a perfect fit.

Here are a few more pics of the internal mounted in the shell.
Internal MountShow
I have added order links at the bottom with the rest of the brackets if your interested in ordering.

This is the six button bracket to go with Kite's new SAIO. It works the same as the other brackets. The only difference is that one extra post from the shell needs to be removed. Not a big deal but the post lies where one of the extra buttons would be. Does not change functionality of the board or bracket. Here is a picture of the bracket:
6 Button BracketShow
NEW 6 Button Layout for Kite's New SAIO

I have added order links at the bottom with the rest of the brackets. Thanks for watching.
Ok guys as promised I will be making the SAIO bracket for Kite's board available. Although I haven't finished my build completely, I have been able to test the buttons wells for feel and bracket for any interference. As far as I can tell, unless you have something out of the ordinary, there should be a perfect fit. :)

I've made two versions for now. The first is probably the most common one with the SNES style buttons and wells for it.
SAIO SNESShow
HoolyHooSNES-SAIO.png
HoolyHooSNES-SAIO.png (837.98 KiB) Viewed 113270 times
Brass inserts are not needed but add strength to repeatable unscrewing of case.
Second version is without the wells. This way you can use Wermys button wells and place your button holes anywhere you like or if your worried about the alignment.
SAIO Screen Bracket OnlyShow
HoolyHooBracketOnlySAIO.png
HoolyHooBracketOnlySAIO.png (189.1 KiB) Viewed 113270 times
Alignment of your drilled holes and bracket must be perfectly aligned or you will know it. If you follow the drill marks on Kites board you should get something like this.
Inside Bracket AlignmentShow
Inside.jpg
Inside.jpg (282.63 KiB) Viewed 113270 times
And the front should look like this.
Outside ViewShow
Outside.jpg
Outside.jpg (527.06 KiB) Viewed 113270 times
Perfect screen alignment and button height.
If your having issues with well alignment on your print, use these included STL at the bottom in the attachments as that will center your print well holes to center.
Well Guide Alignment ToolShow
WellGuide1.jpg
WellGuide1.jpg (285.5 KiB) Viewed 112519 times
WellGuide2.jpg
WellGuide2.jpg (958.9 KiB) Viewed 112519 times
Button action feels natural. I did notice that there is some play between the button press and the contact to Kites board even on the A and B buttons. What I did was cut a small thin 1mm silicone circle from an old contact pad and placed that in the button holes. Lifted it just enough so there is no play. You can see in the picture all four buttons are at same height.

I know some have asked for the vertical/joystick style and maybe in the near future I'll make it but I just don't have a way to test it as I am not making my build in that style. Also keep in mind that I designed this on my printer and to that tolerance with PLA so if you print it and it doesn't line up or is to tight then maybe try scaling it as different printers and material behave differently . I used these settings:
  • Material: PLA
    Nozzle Size: .4 mm
    Layer Height: .2 mm
    Wall Perimeter: 2
    Bottom Solid Layers: 3
    Top Solid Layers: 3
    Infill: 30%
    Supports: Yes
    Print time on my printer at 40mm/sec: 1 hour
As mentioned due to the nature of the design support is necessary and no way around it. Make sure your settings are correct to get a clean part when taking it off since any rough edges left will impede the screen from fitting correctly.

Good News: Also works with Helder's latest board

I tested the SNES screen bracket with wells on Helder's latest board and it works just as good. The only thing is since there are four post on the bracket you obviously can't put the L1 and R1 buttons where Wermy did it in his build unless you want to remove the bottom post of the brackets which is doable. Also screen has to be mounted upside down and flipped in software which is no big deal. Everything else works great including the X and Y button holes which line up as I expected. Here is a photo.

SNES Bracket with Helder's BoardShow
ScreenHelder.jpg
ScreenHelder.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 110431 times
I modified the top of this bracket because I plan on placing the L1 and R1 like I did with Kites build. I like them there because they are easy for me to use there plus they are on the same side of the board which means less wiring across the two halves. :D

For PSP Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides ($16) for US Shipping Only with Tracking ($3.50):

For PSP Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides ($16) EU Int. non UK Shipping Only No Tracking ($5):

International Order only accepted through PM!

For PSP Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides ($16) EU Int. non UK Shipping Only with Tracking ($8):

For 6 Button Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides ($16) for US Shipping Only with Tracking ($3.50):

For 6 Button Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides ($16) EU Int. non UK Shipping Only No Tracking ($5):

For 6 Button Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides ($16) EU Int. non UK Shipping Only with Tracking ($8):

For SNES Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides ($15) for US Shipping Only with Tracking ($3.50):

For SNES Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides ($15) EU Int. non UK Shipping Only No Tracking ($5):

For SNES Style Bracket with Included Button Well Guides ($15) EU Int. non UK Shipping Only with Tracking ($8):

For Screen Only Style ($13) for US Shipping Only with Tracking ($3.50):

For Screen Only Style ($13) for EU International non UK Shipping Only No Tracking ($5):

For Screen Only Style ($13) for EU International non UK Shipping Only with Tracking ($8):

Four DIY Install Loose Brass Inserts (Only with Bracket Orders) ($1):

Four of Each DIY Install Brass Inserts and M2 Screws Loose (Screws Need to be trimmed to size) ($3):

Please note, if you choose not to use tracking for international shipping, I cannot be responsible for orders lost in post.

Brass inserts and screws are not included but I have extras if you want them for a small fee (See order link above. Screws will need to be trimmed to size. Best way to do that is screw the brass insert in the screw past your cut point and with sharp cutting snip pliers snap it cut. Screw is very thin so should be really easy. Unscrew the brass insert and it should clean off any bur you might have left.).

Keep in mind these prices are mostly for my time as I don't have a commercial printer and as I mentioned it takes about an hour to print plus the time to clean up the supports, package it and ship it.

If you do have a printer here are the files and give it a go. :D

I would recommend you print the bracket before drilling your holes to ensure alignment. If it's off just a little from kites center drill markings then make your holes based off your printed bracket center holes. What's important is that the drilled holes and your bracket holes align.

If Downloading, Please Consider Using the Button :D :
AttachmentsShow
HoolyHooSNES.zip
(131.52 KiB) Downloaded 4080 times
HoolyHooNoWells.zip
(97.49 KiB) Downloaded 2917 times
WellGuide.zip
(13.96 KiB) Downloaded 3564 times

Brass Inserts (Please Read!)
For those purchasing the brass inserts you need to be very careful inserting them as they are tiny and too little heat will take too long and melt the entire post and too much heat will clog the threads. Best way I found to do it is insert a 6mm m2 screw with the insert on. Make sure screw is screwed about 1 mm past insert. Screw in the screw to the post until brass insert touches the post. Now apply a soldering iron at about 700 F to top of screw vertically and slowly push it in until insert is flush with top of post. I used a chisel tip as it fits in the screw head. Wait for part to cool then unscrew the screw. Should look like my part above. :) Rinse and repeat for all four post. Afterwards you need four m2 screws for the bracket inserts. The ones that game with the GB shell will not work as those are threaded for plastic. I had 12mm length m2 screws and cut them to the size needed. The inserts are 3mm long.
It is very important your screws are long enough to make it to the metal inserts but not long enough were you bottom out the screw when it is fully tightened as that will put to much pressure and may break your part. I can't be responsible if you melt or over tighten your part. :o If you don't feel comfortable inserting the brass inserts, then don't. Bracket will work without them just less repeatability with screwing and unscrewing. I found that not all screws I cut were the same length. You can check by fitting the screws before glueing down the bracket and cutting to the appropriate size depending on your build. Key is right size length screw. If you follow this it works like a charm. :)
Last edited by HoolyHoo on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:03 am, edited 13 times in total.

caste

Re: HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by caste » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks so much! Just sent it to print. Just so you know, you reversed the names on the ZIPs and STLs. The bracket only has the wells and the SNES does not.

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:40 pm

caste wrote:Thanks so much! Just sent it to print. Just so you know, you reversed the names on the ZIPs and STLs. The bracket only has the wells and the SNES does not.
:D Thanks! Fixed now.

Glyph

Post by Glyph » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Thank you very much to share this !
Just one question, how do you make the brass inserts to fit into the holes ? Do you have to drill a bit, and heat the material so it takes the shape ?
Thanks

ch4r0s

Post by ch4r0s » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:50 pm

NOOOOOOOO, finished my build today and everything is glued... How can you do this to me. ;)

Nice work.

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Glyph wrote:Thank you very much to share this !
Just one question, how do you make the brass inserts to fit into the holes ? Do you have to drill a bit, and heat the material so it takes the shape ?
Thanks
I bought some through Aliexpress. They are for m2 screws. You carefully push them in with a very hot soldering iron.

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:55 pm

ch4r0s wrote:NOOOOOOOO, finished my build today and everything is glued... How can you do this to me. ;)

Nice work.
Thanks and sorry but I tried to give you a heads up. :D

Mynasru

Post by Mynasru » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:10 pm

@HoolyHoo, are you willing to share the SW files with me/us, I want to edit them for the joystick and maybe some other features ;)

edit: Great work btw !!

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:27 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:Ok guys as promised I will be making the SAIO bracket for Kite's board available. Although I haven't finished my build completely, I have been able to test the buttons wells for feel and bracket for any interference. As far as I can tell, unless you have something out of the ordinary, there should be a perfect fit. :)

I've made two versions for now. The first is probably the most common one with the SNES style buttons and wells for it.
[spoiler="SAIO SNES"]HoolyHooSNES-SAIO.png
Brass inserts are not needed but add strength to repeatable unscrewing of case.[/spoiler]
Second version is without the wells. This way you can use Wermys button wells and place your button holes anywhere you like or if your worried about the alignment.
[spoiler="SAIO Screen Bracket Only"]HoolyHooBracketOnlySAIO.png[/spoiler]
Alignment of your drilled holes and bracket must be perfectly aligned or you will know it. If you follow the drill marks on Kites board you should get something like this.
[spoiler="Inside Bracket Alignment"]Inside.jpg[/spoiler]
And the front should look like this.
[spoiler="Outside View"]Outside.jpg[/spoiler]
Perfect screen alignment and button height.

Button action feels natural. I did notice that there is some play between the button press and the contact to Kites board even on the A and B buttons. What I did was cut a small thin 1mm silicone circle from an old contact pad and placed that in the button holes. Lifted it just enough so there is no play. You can see in the picture all four buttons are at same height.

I know some have asked for the vertical/joystick style and maybe in the near future I'll make it but I just don't have a way to test it as I am not making my build in that style. Also keep in mind that I designed this on my printer and to that tolerance with PLA so if you print it and it doesn't line up or is to tight then maybe try scaling it as different printers and material behave differently . I used these settings:
  • Material: PLA
    Nozzle Size: .4 mm
    Layer Height: .2 mm
    Wall Perimeter: 2
    Bottom Solid Layers: 3
    Top Solid Layers: 3
    Infill: 30%
    Supports: Yes
    Print time on my printer at 40mm/sec: 1 hour
As mentioned due to the nature of the design support is necessary and no way around it. Make sure your settings are correct to get a clean part when taking it off since any rough edges left will impeded the screen from fitting correctly.

If you need it printed PM me and I can print it for you for $15 plus $2 shipping US and $3 International for SNES style or $13 if its the screen only with $2 shipping US and $3 International. Brass inserts and screws are not included but I have extras if you want them for a small fee. Keep in mind this price is mostly for my time as I don't have a commercial printer and as I mentioned it takes about an hour to print plus the time to clean up the supports, package it and ship it.

If you do have a printer here are the files and give it a go. :D

HoolyHooSNES.zip
HoolyHooNoWells.zip
Just as I put on a 33 hour print :( Oh well with this brace set it should come even nicer :D Cheers man
Needs parts for your Gameboy Zero or even just normal Gamboy mods, head over to http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/ and use the discount code RGREPAIRS for a 10% discount code. Loads of great products at affordable prices.

Instagram - http://instagram.com/robsgamerepairs

Glyph

Post by Glyph » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Could you please point me to the brass inserts you bought, so I get ones with correct depht ?
Thank you very much