[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
HoolyHoo

Re: HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:32 am

valinhorn wrote:
HoolyHoo wrote:
valinhorn wrote:I had a question on the screw inserts. Is it possible to get these working with the original case screws? I can't seem to find what size the original screws are but it would be great if we could make the bracket work with them.
If you decide to use the brass inserts then m2 screws are needed. Original case screws will not work. You don't need the inserts really unless you plan on opening your case multiple times. If you just use the original screws that came with your case they will work with the bracket as they are made for threading into plastic. They will be tight the first time you screw them. It was designed this way to give it strength. I would screw them in first before installing bracket to make the first threads needed in the plastic. :)
I used the original screws and they worked the first time, but I had to re-open my case and now they aren't grabbing so I was hoping I could add in the inserts but keep using the same screws. I will figure something out.
Did you print it with my suggested settings on the first post? If you did those post should be solid plastic except for the hole. I've tested it with just Gb screws and unscrewed them maybe 5 or six times and they were still good. You could use bigger screws now or do inserts still.

valinhorn

Post by valinhorn » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:35 am

HoolyHoo wrote: Did you print it with my suggested settings on the first post? If you did those post should be solid plastic except for the hole. I've tested it with just Gb screws and unscrewed them maybe 5 or six times and they were still good. You could use bigger screws now or do inserts still.
I had shapeways print it, since I had a good deal through them, so I didn't have control over the settings. I am guessing inserts are going to be my best bet now. Thanks for your help.

drafterITA

Post by drafterITA » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:13 am

Hello! :)
thanks for creating this part, it will be very useful when I'll start the SAIO build I have in mind for the future :)
I got the screen without button wells and a set of 4 brass insert and screws, will it be possible to pack everything together in the same envelope? :)

thank you so much!
Cheers! :D
drafterITA

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:04 am

drafterITA wrote:Hello! :)
thanks for creating this part, it will be very useful when I'll start the SAIO build I have in mind for the future :)
I got the screen without button wells and a set of 4 brass insert and screws, will it be possible to pack everything together in the same envelope? :)

thank you so much!
Yes. That will not be a problem. ;)

WoodMill

Post by WoodMill » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:05 am

Very cool. Had my SAIO for a while now, but have been holding off building it because I knew some people would make things much easier. I was dreading re-using the same posts after skimming through the instructions.

Thanks HooluHoo!

Has anyone else made anything else that goes along with the SAIO?
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds

JakeB5

Post by JakeB5 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:29 pm

More great community solutions. Ordered, no huge rush on mine since I only got on the second run of Kite's board.

Tharlias

Post by Tharlias » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Just put through an order :) Massive thanks for making this available!

Kalen

Post by Kalen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:09 pm

I printed your screen bracket and noticed that the bottom screw posts have about a 1/4 inch gap between them and the back of the case. Is there a reason for this?
Attachments
20170328_170443.jpg
20170328_170443.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 9075 times
20170328_170417.jpg
20170328_170417.jpg (3.94 MiB) Viewed 9075 times

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Kalen wrote:I printed your screen bracket and noticed that the bottom screw posts have about a 1/4 inch gap between them and the back of the case. Is there a reason for this?
If it touched that post it would interfere with Kites daughter board and not close all the way. The other side is the same way in case you used original GB cartridge holder which has the same height. If you look at the bracket you will notice that the two post on the volume/USB side are slightly shorter. That is by design to accommodate that daughter board that gets sandwiched between the main board and the case post.

Kalen

Post by Kalen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:13 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Kalen wrote:I printed your screen bracket and noticed that the bottom screw posts have about a 1/4 inch gap between them and the back of the case. Is there a reason for this?
If it touched that post it would interfere with Kites daughter board and not close all the way. The other side is the same way in case you used original GB cartridge holder which has the same height. If you look at the bracket you will notice that the two post on the volume/USB side are slightly shorter. That is by design to accommodate that daughter board that gets sandwiched between the main board and the case post.

Ok cool. Thanks for the help and all your hard work making this.