[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Monocheli

Re: HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by Monocheli » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:54 pm

I also had a fit issue with my bracket and case. I am guessing the 3d printer at my local library isn't super calibrated. I ended up carving the bracket to accommodate my already drilled button holes in my case. After opening up the holes it is working great. Thank you for creating and sharing the bracket.

tralalem

Post by tralalem » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:39 am

@ HoolyHoo, can you create inserts for the button wells to print with the bracket with a small hole in the center to mark where to drill? This will make it easier, as the center from the Kite SAIO does not line up with the bracket for everybody.

mwx

Post by mwx » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:19 am

tralalem wrote:@ HoolyHoo, can you create inserts for the button wells to print with the bracket with a small hole in the center to mark where to drill? This will make it easier, as the center from the Kite SAIO does not line up with the bracket for everybody.
Just to remember, you can use my OpenSCAD model of HoolyHoo's bracket to adjust your print. PM me to get the download URL.

Mike
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 09.16.54.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 09.16.54.png (527.45 KiB) Viewed 12759 times

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:36 am

tralalem wrote:@ HoolyHoo, can you create inserts for the button wells to print with the bracket with a small hole in the center to mark where to drill? This will make it easier, as the center from the Kite SAIO does not line up with the bracket for everybody.
Check out the first post. I've included some Well Alignment Guide Tool STL for those having issue with their print alignment. :D

mrdude42

Post by mrdude42 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:02 am

Printed this one in a Makerbot Replicator 2. I had already drilled the holes to match up with this Kitschbent PCB. Holes ended up being spot on. I'm going to end up using this with Kite's AIO when it arrives in the mail so I'll update if the holes are lined up for that as well.

MiL0

Post by MiL0 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Anyone willing to ship one of these to me in the UK? :)

mrdude42

Post by mrdude42 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Ended up getting a clear blue case to go with my clear blue 3d printed bracket. Turned out quite well. Holes lined up well. As soon as my Kite AIO board shows up I'll have more pics to share!

ImageImageImageImageImage

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:50 am

that's really nice! good match on the case to the bracket colour. what's the specific of the bracket material? PLA/ABS or from where?

tyler335

Post by tyler335 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:30 am

Guys, I'm new to 3D printing but have a few questions.

I have printed the screen holder with button wells board that @HoolyHoo made an it fits perfect. However, I printed it through shapeways.com. The plastic that they printed with is very brittle and powdery to the touch so I'm looking to have it remade.

I am looking to print a clear/transparent one similar to @mrdude42 print to match my clear/transparent case. Should I be printing in PLA or ABS or..... ?

Here is a pic of my case.

Thanks
Check out my latest GBZ build: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 779#p35779

Image.......Image.......Image

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:35 am

tyler335 wrote:Guys, I'm new to 3D printing but have a few questions.

I have printed the screen holder with button wells board that @HoolyHoo made an it fits perfect. However, I printed it through shapeways.com. The plastic that they printed with is very brittle and powdery to the touch so I'm looking to have it remade.

I am looking to print a clear/transparent one similar to @mrdude42 print to match my clear/transparent case. Should I be printing in PLA or ABS or..... ?

Here is a pic of my case.

Thanks
I print mine with PLA and it works just fine. ABS should work also just don't know since ABS has the tendency to shrink a little more if that would be an issue. Let me know if you decide to go that route.