[For Sale] PRS-Tech Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
SSTrunkz

Re: [For Sale] PRS-Tech Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by SSTrunkz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm

prerunnerseth wrote:
SSTrunkz wrote:
prerunnerseth wrote:
if you can bend it back that would be great. just make sure the card can easily click in and out. if it does not I will ship you a replacement with the new protection over the components.
Do you think this is why my cart reader may be shorting? I think it's wired correctly but the pi will not power with the card in place.
was yours bent when you got it? if it bent back then there shouldnt be an issue unless the sd card wont insert all the way. Make sure your ground connection is soldered directly from the card edge connector to the pi zero. not through a power distribution board. same with your power. also try to make the wires as short as possible. did your remove the connector from the original game boy board?
it was at first. I was able to get an sdcard into it and click, but the spring doesn't work so I have to yank it out.

the bits in the red box I used a multimeter to check continuity on an GBA port and solder cables to alternating pins. These I then soldered in order of left to right pads 15,19,18,14,16,17 howevr the other 4 pins I was never 100% certain of, so I've probably done them wrong. At this time, I've de soldered everything ready to start again.

I'm sure with guidance on the remaining pins, I'll get this one beat :D

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:09 pm

SSTrunkz wrote:
prerunnerseth wrote:
SSTrunkz wrote:
Do you think this is why my cart reader may be shorting? I think it's wired correctly but the pi will not power with the card in place.
was yours bent when you got it? if it bent back then there shouldnt be an issue unless the sd card wont insert all the way. Make sure your ground connection is soldered directly from the card edge connector to the pi zero. not through a power distribution board. same with your power. also try to make the wires as short as possible. did your remove the connector from the original game boy board?
it was at first. I was able to get an sdcard into it and click, but the spring doesn't work so I have to yank it out.

the bits in the red box I used a multimeter to check continuity on an GBA port and solder cables to alternating pins. These I then soldered in order of left to right pads 15,19,18,14,16,17 howevr the other 4 pins I was never 100% certain of, so I've probably done them wrong. At this time, I've de soldered everything ready to start again.

The pads in the picture are the spares. It looks like youre on the wrong end of the card edge connector.

SSTrunkz

Post by SSTrunkz » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:02 am

prerunnerseth wrote:
SSTrunkz wrote:
prerunnerseth wrote:

The pads in the picture are the spares. It looks like youre on the wrong end of the card edge connector.
Colour me suitably embarrassed! That'll explain why I've been having issues then.

WoodMill

Post by WoodMill » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:21 am

I've been trying to figure out what I can do with those spare pads. Thought about building wifi directly into the game case, but didn't want to make such an exclusive use for a wifi dongle.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds

JayMadd13

Post by JayMadd13 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:03 pm

My SD adapter arrived today - my card reader is a little bent, however, it doesn't look too extreme. I did shoot you a PM letting you know Seth, but I'll try and get this sorted and working. I'll let you know if I run into any issues. Thanks again pal :)

nickz

Post by nickz » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:34 am

Hey there @prerunnerseth

Just wondering what the turnaround time for shipment is? I ordered one of your boards on Wednesday and was wondering if there was a rough timeline on when I could expect it to arrive.
Thanks and much appreciated for your work.

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:19 pm

nickz wrote:Hey there @prerunnerseth

Just wondering what the turnaround time for shipment is? I ordered one of your boards on Wednesday and was wondering if there was a rough timeline on when I could expect it to arrive.
I'm trying to get them out within a few days. The hard part is that I have to actually go to the post office to make sure they dont mix them in with the machineable stuff. I can't go every day. If you ordered last Wednesday then it should have gone out thursday.

glenbartlett

Post by glenbartlett » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:06 am

Hello there!
Ordered today from Essex, UK. Any ETA?
Hoping to get it ASAP! Willing to pay extra for express shipping.

Thanks,
Glen

jellybelly

Post by jellybelly » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:22 pm

also order on the 16th November looking forward to receiving it :)

nickz

Post by nickz » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:04 pm

prerunnerseth wrote:
nickz wrote:Hey there @prerunnerseth

I'm trying to get them out within a few days. The hard part is that I have to actually go to the post office to make sure they dont mix them in with the machineable stuff. I can't go every day. If you ordered last Wednesday then it should have gone out thursday.
Any ideas on when I can expect the board? I purchased on the 16th and still have yet to receive it. I'm a patient person, but it's been two weeks. It's coming in just a plain envelope right?

Thanks.