[Sold Out] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
moosethemucha

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Post by moosethemucha » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:17 am

[mention=]crisruv[/mention] have you made any progress ? Would you share what you've found. I will start attempting to reverse engineer from the pics but im no Electronics Engineer. [mention=]Camble[/mention] are you planning on releasing the circuit diagrams?

moosethemucha

Post by moosethemucha » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:33 am

[mention=]Camble[/mention] great board, I want to make it myself. I know you've mentioned before that :
You'll need a dual MOSFET P+N chip (IRF7319) and two high value resistors, 100K-300K.

You could use separate MOSFETs (one P-channel and one N-channel). Both should be able to handle 1A.

The low battery alert is handled by a comparator (an LM393 dual comparator in this case), but I am dropping this in favour of analog readings.

I recommend this video to get a general idea of how such a circuit works. (I don't know your level of electronics understanding)

Hope this helps.
And thanks for this its a great start. I'll begin reverse engineering the board from the pics and that info. You mention that its constantly changing and updating. Is this information the most up to date. Also are the pics of the latest version.

[mention=]crisruv[/mention] have you made any head way ?

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:59 am

Please send me a quote for 3 with shipping.

Camble

Post by Camble » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:44 am

@moosethemucha While I can't stop anyone reverse engineering my boards, I'd appreciate if you didn't discuss the particulars in my sale threads.

@onesojourner There is a Paypal button at the start of this thread, you'll get a price including postage there.

As the demand for these boards isn't as high as I expected, I'll be waiting until I have a few more confirmed pre-orders before ordering a batch. PowerBoost versions will also be available again very soon.

Camble

Post by Camble » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:28 am

What's people's general opinions on this version? Is there a lack of interest, or would people prefer if I had stock before commiting to buy?

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:26 am

Camble wrote:What's people's general opinions on this version? Is there a lack of interest, or would people prefer if I had stock before commiting to buy?
Well honestly, 16€ for a board like this appears to be on the high side. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your work, but a DIY solution with a breadboard is ~2€.

Cheers!

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:36 am

Camble wrote:What's people's general opinions on this version? Is there a lack of interest, or would people prefer if I had stock before commiting to buy?
its one of those tricky one for you

the ready to ship (holding stock) is always a winner.... it mean ppl can get on wth their builds without delays, and sometimes it can become an impulse purchase

waiting for enough ordered is an option, but will never be the no1 chioce (especially when theres no date to go with it)... who knows when the right amount will be acheived and add on the lead time for the board and thats a wait ppl might wanna avoid...

ive pre-ordered so am willing to wait, but if given the option of buying and having it shipped its a no brainer....
Last edited by VeteranGamer on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:41 am

RobbsyB wrote:
Well honestly, 16€ for a board like this appears to be on the high side. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your work, but a DIY solution with a breadboard is ~2€.

Cheers!

the difference between the 2 is the obvious one looks great and the other looks like a 2euro frankenstein ... they both might work but i know how i want my build to look and its not a 2euro frankenstein

plus not everyone ones to start making parts and just want to install and go

but everones got a budget and so do what you feel comfortable with

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 pm

VeteranGamer wrote: the difference between the 2 is the obvious one looks great and the other looks like a 2euro frankenstein ...
Just wondering why a breadboard solution has to look like frankenstein?
VeteranGamer wrote: plus not everyone ones to start making parts and just want to install and go
Get the SAIO board then.

penguinsfan16

Post by penguinsfan16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:24 pm

I mean im def. interested and id be looking to buy 3 of them... but the price has me scared of some right now to be honest.