[For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
winnetouch

Re: [For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Post by winnetouch » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:57 am

After all that I found out I entered the code wrong in to the config file :P My bad. But now that it is working it's only faintly audible form the speaker (I used the original gameboy speaker that is probably shot so I need to get a new one) and there is a VERY strong his in the earphones. I'm suspecting it's because of the wires running to the pwm pads from the audio pins. Is there a recomended gauge? I used very thin wires and when I move them arround I hear changes in the static (so it probably is that piece of wiring).

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: [For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Post by Helder » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:35 pm

winnetouch wrote:After all that I found out I entered the code wrong in to the config file :P My bad. But now that it is working it's only faintly audible form the speaker (I used the original gameboy speaker that is probably shot so I need to get a new one) and there is a VERY strong his in the earphones. I'm suspecting it's because of the wires running to the pwm pads from the audio pins. Is there a recomended gauge? I used very thin wires and when I move them arround I hear changes in the static (so it probably is that piece of wiring).
Shielded wires are good and also move them away from other components. Also try the retropie built in sound program to increase the sound.

PWM audio usually has some noise in it, there is also an extra command you can use in the config.txt to help with the hissing but if you used the file I posted then it's already included.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

winnetouch

Post by winnetouch » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:37 am

I have no way of uploading the config file (I forgot my wifi dongle at work and it's the holidays here) so I just wrote the code in myself via sudo command via the raspberry comand prompt. I basically copied the entire last collumn. So I'm guessing I already used the right line.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:23 am

If you added this line:

disable_audio_dither=1

then it should help clear the hissing a bit.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:08 am

He Helder.

If i look @ you post i can stil buy this.

PCB With Audio Buffer and AMP and Headphone Socket Onboard (Must Wire 5V)
For All Orders: $20 Plus $4 Shipping SOLD OUT

Because the paypall button still works. If so can i make a order then to. I now it is saying sold out. But if paypal works i can buy one i gues.

Greets
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:39 pm

If you click to buy it will eventually say sold out.

bigrich424

Post by bigrich424 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:39 pm

Helder wrote:If you click to buy it will eventually say sold out.
uhhhh I might of messed up and purchased a couple..... and then like a dummy saw sold out. -sigh- Can you tell me if i sent $ and shouldn't have? It was for the $20 board (x2)

Thanks
"Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself -- and then a couple
of more feet, just to be sure."

TilenB

Post by TilenB » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:32 am

PCB With Audio Buffer and AMP and Headphone Socket Onboard (Must Wire 5V)

Any possible way to still buy this?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:00 am

Sold out unfortunately.

winnetouch

Post by winnetouch » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:11 pm

I have the controller with audio board (with built in headphone socket). The board was working OK (mostly it had a hiss I hadn't taken the time to eliminate yet) up until recently now the sound started acting up. As in... there is none :P. I checked all the wiring and it's OK (I'm enclosing a photo just in case)
IMG_20161211_020454217.jpg
IMG_20161211_020454217.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 8884 times
The buttons work OK but there's no sound. The power and ground are connected properly and I added the correct lines to the config.txt file.

I tested it with a speakr and with headphones just to check if the speaker is busted. Non worked. Also in the retropie settings the sound is set to full. The only thing I didn't try yet is to change the pot. All the wired on it seem fine and I don't think it's broken.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is that the problem didn't start comming up until I switched out the screen. First I used a GPIO screen bu then I switched to a composite screen. After the switch the audio just stopped working.

What could be the problem?