[FOR SALE][Worldwide] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
wermy
Site Admin

[FOR SALE][Worldwide] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by wermy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Hey guys,
I made a 3D-Printable screw bracket, so now you can avoid the whole process of fiddling with the original screw posts and epoxy and all that measuring to get it just right:
Screenshot-2016-05-10-22.02.47-768x432.jpg
Screenshot-2016-05-10-22.02.47-768x432.jpg (63.79 KiB) Viewed 22959 times
And in stead just place the bracket with the guides up against the top, and glue it down!
IMG_3797.JPG
IMG_3797.JPG (856.13 KiB) Viewed 22959 times
Printed on a Lulzbot Mini with Push Plastic polycarbonate, so it should be nice and strong/durable. It has some flex to it in the middle, but I tested it out by just gluing both sides down and it worked fantastically! Lined up perfectly on the first try and everything. Screws were nice and tight and I could not pull them out. Of course any plastic screw holes will strip if you over-tighten too much, so you still have to be careful. :)

A couple notes about using these:
  • The screw holes will be a little tight the first time you insert/remove the screws (this is because the screws tap the screw holes themselves). It might be helpful to partially insert/remove the screws once before gluing it down. You should *not* need to drill into the bracket to make the holes looser.
  • Do not over-tighten the screws! This is pretty tough plastic, but just like on the original screw posts, if you over-tighten it can strip the screw holes or worse, you could make the screw go through the bracket completely and damage your screen. In my testing I never had that happen, but I stopped tightening when the case was nice and firmly closed. If you are concerned about this happening to you then you may want to put a thin piece of metal under the screw posts, but again, I tested probably a dozen iterations of these and did not have this happen to me.
$6 shipped within the US ($5 + $1 shipping)

$7 shipped internationally ($5 + $2 shipping)

For anyone who wants to print their own, or for folks who know someone with a 3D printer, here is the STL file:
Download

Edit: Turns out it's not very much more to ship an envelope overseas, so I added an option for international sudomodders. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Quatrerwin

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by Quatrerwin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Would it be possible to order more than one at a time or should I place one order for each? (I only want 2 of them)

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Quatrerwin wrote:Would it be possible to order more than one at a time or should I place one order for each? (I only want 2 of them)
Hmm, I don't see a way to embed a quantity choice in here. :\ Sorry for the hassle!

Or if you want you can click the donate button at the bottom of the page, send the right amount and just say how many you want in the notes. That'll get to me as well. :)
ImageImageImageImage

skrapps914

Post by skrapps914 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:37 pm

put my order in for one!

Quatrerwin

Post by Quatrerwin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:50 pm

wermy wrote:
Quatrerwin wrote:Would it be possible to order more than one at a time or should I place one order for each? (I only want 2 of them)
Hmm, I don't see a way to embed a quantity choice in here. :\ Sorry for the hassle!

Or if you want you can click the donate button at the bottom of the page, send the right amount and just say how many you want in the notes. That'll get to me as well. :)
Total of $11 or $12 for 2?

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Quatrerwin wrote:
wermy wrote:

Total of $11 or $12 for 2?
$11 is fine I think. Hopefully I can send two in a regular envelope. :)
ImageImageImageImage

choochootrain23

Post by choochootrain23 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:44 pm

Ordered 2 thanks!

BitTen

Post by BitTen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:14 am

Ordered!

benoliver999

Post by benoliver999 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:14 am

Would anyone be interested if I got a small run of these printed for EU shipping? I reckon I could get them done for £5 a piece, shipped.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:47 am

This is awesome wermy, I was thinking about designing this over the weekend myself. You're on top of things! Thanks!