mintyPi LCD Screen and Board Combo [Guaging Interest]

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.

Are you interested in the 2.4" screen combo? If so how many? Max is 3.

Not interested in the 2.4" LCD and Associated Board
No votes
1 combo
30%
2 combos
40%
3 combos
29%

Total votes: 82

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

mintyPi LCD Screen and Board Combo [Guaging Interest]

Post by Helder » Sun May 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi everyone, I'm about to order a large number of LCD screens to be paired with the custom LCD board you guys saw in the other threads. Now before I spend alot of money or make deals with the sellers I need to know how many more or less I need to buy for this round of orders.

Just use the poll above and choose the quantity you plan to order so I can have a rough idea of a solid number, pricing for the kit's aren't determined yet but will be affordable. The kit will also include the Controller PCB with the ribbon and socket to connect the screen and board together.

Thanks.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

whatever_guy

Re: mintyPi LCD Screen and Board Combo [Guaging Interest]

Post by whatever_guy » Sun May 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Thx for checking with us, much appreciated :D

affensause

Post by affensause » Tue May 30, 2017 12:48 am

Thank you Helder.
So you plan or putting a limit of three per order? That's great!

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Tue May 30, 2017 6:49 am

my answer will depend on which screen it needs. I have a bunch of bare 2.4 screens and if they will work with the PCBs then I'm interested in only the boards.
however if it's a different type, then I'm interested in combos.

do any of the threads have pics of the current screen choice? (sorry I haven't been keeping up with the threads lately. new job is very mind consuming...)

edit, I found a pic. at first glance (til I get home to compare) it looks like they match so I'll be interested in 2 board sets only (that's main board, controller board and ribbon cables only, but no LCD. - if there's no separating the screen PCB and the screen, and there isn't much glue components (resistors/caps etc) then I'll cope with just the main PCBs) thanks!

Edit2: they look identical to the ones you've been prototyping with so if it's possible to order just pcb's then I'd be up for that

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue May 30, 2017 1:27 pm

I plan to have some boards available to use for people with the bare screen without the touch screen. The board will also work with 2.8 inch screens but obviously won't fit in the tin.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

HollandJim

Post by HollandJim » Wed May 31, 2017 4:36 am

Wish I could reset my choice from 2 to 3.. Wanted one for myself, then my wife saw it and wanted one (I'll end up losing mine anyway, so okay..) and now my niece wants one. Sigh...were I single I'd consider this thing a babe magnet. You might have a huge hit on your hands!
Quando omni flunks, moratati

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 31, 2017 5:41 am

HollandJim wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:36 am
Wish I could reset my choice from 2 to 3.. Wanted one for myself, then my wife saw it and wanted one (I'll end up losing mine anyway, so okay..) and now my niece wants one. Sigh...were I single I'd consider this thing a babe magnet. You might have a huge hit on your hands!
Made it so you can change your vote.