Completed mintypi...pretty much

Show off your completed mintyPi, or post your build logs here!
speakerphone

Completed mintypi...pretty much

Post by speakerphone » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:12 pm

This is almost complete...I've been having issues getting the sound to work. I checked continuity on the sound board and cant find any issues. the only thing i can think of is that the actual speaker is just broken. I also didnt realize I actually bent the hinges on the back which is making it a little wonky until I took these photos. I plan on figuring that out, but also have always used handhelds on mute anyway, so its not that big of an issue. I did notice that when I try and run NEO GEO games, it kicks me out whenever it gets to the sound check part of the boot...i'm pretty positive I have the correct bios and roms in there...so that will be something to push me to fix the sound if that is indeed the issue. All in all it was a lot of of fun! Looking forward to my second build in a couple of weeks. Oh also...my charging port needs a little more clearance because the cable actually touched the metal on there creating a brief short, which scared the crap out of me.
Attachments
image2 (1).jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 3387 times
image4.jpeg
image4.jpeg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 3387 times
image1 (1).jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 3387 times

Lphillimore

Re: Completed mintypi...pretty much

Post by Lphillimore » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:11 am

Thanks for sharing.

Check your USB Soundcard is detected by running 'lsusb' via Linux terminal. If the Soundcard is there, it's likely your speaker.

If you open it up again post some nice high res pics and we can help.

speakerphone

Re: Completed mintypi...pretty much

Post by speakerphone » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:50 pm

so heres how i have the sound card wired up. no sure if this helps. I did notice upon boot its not recognizing it, so it's likely on my end, and not the speaker. I'm not the most experienced with soldering, but like i said, when I check conductivity everything beeps...so i'm not totally sure
Attachments
image2 (2).jpeg
image2 (2).jpeg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 3338 times
image1 (2).jpeg
image1 (2).jpeg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 3338 times