Controls Idea

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
NitrousFoxide

Controls Idea

Post by NitrousFoxide » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:10 pm

So I personally am very new to the whole idea of electronics as far as internals are concerned. I had an idea and was wondering if it was able to be done. So much like classic console the controller was often connected by a cable and was wondering if a controller could be made from say a mini altoidd tin or from the altoids gum tins that are long discontinued? Probably wired but maybe wireless (this is not purposed to replace the current control setup just maybe if u wanna put it down on a table and really ge5 that retro feel. And if that seems a bit to far fetched i also had thought of using the mini tins as back up batteries. If that became a thing personally i would make it just plug into the side and not have a cable so their isnt anything dangling around looking out of place. Or just come up with the idea of modular parts. Who knows just a thought!

NitrousFoxide

Controls Idea extension!

Post by NitrousFoxide » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:15 pm

I had forgot to mention but another idea i had was what if you could design and print a telescoping joystick like in arcades. Sometjing that fit snug in the tin without making it bulge when closed and still had the little ball on the end to grip. But when opened you would pull it up and twist to lock it and it would be a fully functional joy stick. Maybe it would replace a dpad or go under the letter keys so it could be out of the way. then the start and select buttons could be like the buttons like at an arcade. Shoot/jump/you get the point.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Controls Idea

Post by Helder » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:58 am

Try to keep your ideas in one topic.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.