White screen on boot with 12/30 image

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Morgan

White screen on boot with 12/30 image

Post by Morgan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:01 am

Heyo!

I just got my kit in the mail today but when I put it together I just get a white screen when I plug it in. I can tell the pi is at least booting correctly because I can ssh into it just fine. I've left it sitting for upwards of ten minutes so I assume it should have enough time to bring the screen up properly.

I've tried a few things to get it working, I made sure I had the 12/30 image (mintyPi_3.5_20201230.img), I used multiple sd cards, redownloaded the image and reflashed the cards, I checked continuity and it seems fine (I get continuity between the LCD and Pi GPIO pins), I reseated the lcd cable, and I tried reflowing the relevant pins.

As far as I can tell everything should be fine so I'm not sure what is going wrong. If anyone has any ideas I would be glad to hear them. I'm sure its probably something I screwed up though.

The only other thing I can add is that my screen had a red mark across it (looked like it was from a marker) that I noticed when I turned it on, it did wipe off with alcohol though.

Thanks for any help you can give!

edit: gone through stuff with Helder, sending it back to get him to look at it and see what I screwed up. will update once more info has been found.

edit2: Turns out the screen was bad. replaced it and everything was good.