Wiring Diagram: mintyPi controller PCB

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
HoolyHoo

Re: Wiring Diagram: mintyPi controller PCB

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 am

Lphillimore wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:25 am
While most are obvious, what does Pad1 connect to?
3.3V rail

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:33 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 am
Lphillimore wrote:
3.3V rail
Thanks 👍🏼👍🏼

djbriane

Post by djbriane » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Lphillimore wrote:
I believe thats more of a convention thing to indicate which pad is #1 (don't think it connects to anything on the controller PCB).

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:29 pm

It's there just for numbering and also to help align it knowing that square GPIO would be going there. That was a remnant of the previous versions before all the fancy silk screen was added.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

AnotherUsername

Post by AnotherUsername » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:54 pm

I noticed that in the Fritzing PCB diagram, the A button appears to be connected to pin 2, but on the printed board from this screenshot

it looks like A is connected to pin 1. Am I looking at something wrong? I'm relatively new to wiring my own electronics and don't want to loose the magic smoke in all my new toys.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:00 am

Pin 1 is the square GPIO on the bottom right.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

AnotherUsername

Post by AnotherUsername » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:07 am

Helder wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:00 am
Pin 1 is the square GPIO on the bottom right.
But the A button connects to Pin 2, correct?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:43 am

The GPIO pins start from right to left the way the Pi is positioned in the photo above, and yes the A is the bottom GPIO on the left.

AnotherUsername

Post by AnotherUsername » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Helder wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:43 am
The GPIO pins start from right to left the way the Pi is positioned in the photo above, and yes the A is the bottom GPIO on the left.
Derp. Thank you!

AnotherUsername

Post by AnotherUsername » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Edit: I've figured it all out using the posts in moosepr's signature, and via this topic: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2312 Only thing I'm noticing is that the framerate is dropping pretty hard on my ili9431. I'm not sure if it's the nature of the screen, fbcp, or if I don't quite have the settings right. Tweaking with it now, any advice is appreciated! :D

I'm sorry if this is an obvious question, I wasn't able to get any custom PCBs but I wanted to build a few of these to give away as groomsman gifts at my wedding.

I'm going based off of the Fritzing diagrams and all the photos and videos I can find on the forums. So far, I believe I've gotten all the pinouts figured out as to which button connects to which GPIO pin. The part where I get lost is when it's time to hook up the battery and charger. Does the VCC from the custom board plug directly to the 5v and 3.3v GPIO pins 4 and 17? I also wasn't sure if I needed to step the power up through something like the powerboost to get the 3.7v battery up to 5v, or if I can wire the battery directly to the GPIO pins.

I had to build this out of parts I could find, so I ended up with one of these chargers:

The battery will obviously plug into B+ and B-, but I'm not sure what to wire the OUT+ and OUT- to. I would think OUT- should go to the Pi's ground GPIO pin, but I have no idea... :oops: