How to Fix the dim LCD backlight or not showing an image

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
BrandonLaw

Re: How to Fix the dim LCD backlight or not showing an image

Post by BrandonLaw » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:29 am

Helder wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:37 pm
Remove the socket and solder the LCD directly to the board and you'll have no more issues. You can send it back to me and I'll do it for you if you don't want to. A new screen isn't going to fix the issue since that one works.

If you want to search for a new screen search for 2.4 inch ILI9341 SPI 240x320
That's honorable, but I think we may be able to work through this another way. As stated, she sees power, but acts like it doesn't recognize a signal. The screen should flicker when the Pi boots...nothing. Do we know which connection carries the signal? That may be my culprit :)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:09 pm

It's not a composite signal, it needs all those 6 wires for the SPI to function besdides the GND and VCC which are all labeled under the 8pin connector on the pcd and LCD board. The pins needs to align perfectly so they all make contact, if one of them isn't then it won't work.

Also as I have mentioned elsewhere the screen will not magically work once they are lined up if the system is on, it will only show an image on bootup since the screen is initialized then.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Rider

Post by Rider » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:40 am

Is the likely to fix an area in the corner that has suddenly become dimmer? I noticed it on boot but it’s more obvious playing games now too. Not a big deal but I want it to be perfect

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:21 am

There are 3 leds in the LCD so each LED has a pin on the ribbon if one is not making good contact one will dim out. Try realigning the ribbon again to see if it gets fixed.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Rider

Post by Rider » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:31 am

Helder wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:21 am
There are 3 leds in the LCD so each LED has a pin on the ribbon if one is not making good contact one will dim out. Try realigning the ribbon again to see if it gets fixed.
Yep, that’s done it. Thanks Helder

djczer

Post by djczer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello, I checked continuity between the said ground that Helder mentioned and I have continuity. I have a updated board (Blue) with Helders included screen. All lines check continuity no problem with a meter. I power everything up, and I have 3.3v at VCC and ground checks fine. I am not getting any power to the screen. Please advise

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:29 pm

djczer wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:21 pm
Hello, I checked continuity between the said ground that Helder mentioned and I have continuity. I have a updated board (Blue) with Helders included screen. All lines check continuity no problem with a meter. I power everything up, and I have 3.3v at VCC and ground checks fine. I am not getting any power to the screen. Please advise
Is the SD card inserted with the latest mintypi image?

sevenBug

Post by sevenBug » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:54 am

Oi.
I noticed that it's not always that pin. I had the problem too but I had a bad ground connection to the Pi.
Just wanted to point that out.