Help me

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
exodus

Re: Help me

Post by exodus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm

As I've stated, and wermy as well, you're dealing with a device that uses a lithium ion battery. Lion batteries have a tendency to start fires and explode if not properly handled. If you're curious YouTube some videos where people short batteries out to show the destructive power these things have if not properly treated.
How about just leaving the battery in place along with the connector at the MicroLipo to avoid potential disasters for us newbies??

Wermy, off-hand do you know if there is space to do this or will the Pi bump into the connector (and rock it back and forth)?

Thx, Ed

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:54 pm

clonemypi wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm

How about just leaving the battery in place along with the connector at the MicroLipo to avoid potential disasters for us newbies??

Wermy, off-hand do you know if there is space to do this or will the Pi bump into the connector (and rock it back and forth)?

Thx, Ed
The JST connector on the Micro Lipo is too tall. You won't be able to properly close it with it still attached to thed board. As long as you're careful by soldering each cable individually, and cleanly, you'll be fine.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:10 am

I would use thinner wire (higher gauge) for the data lines. Ideally you might twist these too. Where possible stick to common colour themes on wiring, too. E.g Black is GND and Red is 5V. Data is generally green and white. This will help diagnosis going forward. Re-wire it, one thing at a time. Shouldn't take long 👍🏼

Harvmck

Post by Harvmck » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:42 am

:D Found the problem...... the battery was dead. No idea how or why, could consider myself lucky it didn't explode. However I replaced it after i re-wired practically the whole thing as it still wasn't working. Thankyou for your help guys. What an amazing group of people these forums have 😊
Attachments
image.jpg
Yes I scratched the screws a lot
image.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 4534 times

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:48 am

Harvmck wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:42 am
:D Found the problem...... the battery was dead. No idea how or why, could consider myself lucky it didn't explode. However I replaced it after i re-wired practically the whole thing as it still wasn't working. Thankyou for your help guys. What an amazing group of people these forums have 😊
Sweet! (or I guess minty...) Glad you got it going. :D
ImageImageImageImage

Harvmck

Post by Harvmck » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:51 am

wermy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:48 am
Harvmck wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:42 am
Sweet! (or I guess minty...) Glad you got it going. :D
Thankyou. Now all I want to do is make more😅