FPC connector

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
EC2017

FPC connector

Post by EC2017 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Can you solder an fpc connector onto Wermy’s replacement board? If so what is the best way to?

dryja123

Re: FPC connector

Post by dryja123 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Carefully.

I don't see why not. You'll have to find the correct connector though, and helder had a hard time sourcing the one that works.

You'll have to splash the legs of the connector with a healthy amount of Flux. Throw some solder on a leg and spread the solder on each leg by running the iron across all of them in a sweeping motion. Clean up the excess solder and you should be good to go.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: FPC connector

Post by Helder » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:55 am

On the button pcb it's actually eady to find but not the 18pin originally used on the LCD board. You need a 10pin 1mm pitch connector with pins on the bottom.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.