MintyPi image not booting?

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
401Gaming

MintyPi image not booting?

Post by 401Gaming » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:54 pm

for some reason my Pi wont boot with the mintyPi image flashed onto the SD card. ive tried it numerous times. it boots fine with the standard retropie image. am i doing something wrong? im using SDFormatter then flashed it on with Win32DiscImager then tried Etcher.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: MintyPi image not booting?

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Check your SD card isn't damaged by bad sectors and redownload the image again.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Psyicman

Post by Psyicman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:15 pm

I was checking to make sure my Pi zeros are working and get stared on getting used to working with Pi computers in general. Anyway both Pi's work which is good but I only got the RetroPi image to work. The images on display were also bigger then the screen on my TV. I burned the latest image from the wiki and then unzipped the setup into the boot folder like it said in the build guide. Am I supposed to use a specific program to unzip it?
My parents told me I can be anything when I grew up. I chose Ninja!

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 am

Psyicman wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:15 pm
I was checking to make sure my Pi zeros are working and get stared on getting used to working with Pi computers in general. Anyway both Pi's work which is good but I only got the RetroPi image to work. The images on display were also bigger then the screen on my TV. I burned the latest image from the wiki and then unzipped the setup into the boot folder like it said in the build guide. Am I supposed to use a specific program to unzip it?
If you are using the image from the wiki, you don't need to do anything with the setup script. The setup script is for people to use on a fresh retropie install if for whatever reason they don't want to use the pre-made image.
ImageImageImageImage

Psyicman

Post by Psyicman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Great thanks. Now I just got to figure out how to get the splash screen to work and why the size aspects are all wrong. I'll try reburning the image again on a fresh formatted SD card.
My parents told me I can be anything when I grew up. I chose Ninja!

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Psyicman wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 pm
Now I just got to figure out how to get the splash screen to work

try this for the splash screen......