[Sold Out] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Camble

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Post by Camble » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:05 am

greenols wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:49 pm
Would this work with a powerboost or nah?
scavnox wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 pm
As a complete novice when it comes to this kind of project can someone please, please post a wired diagram of the shutdown connecting to an adafruit powerboost 1000c
This Safe Shutdown is for generic power supplies like the BangGood board.

Here is the PowerBoost edition.

JA88AtheHUTT

Post by JA88AtheHUTT » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:09 pm

I am in the process of my second GBZ build and wanted to mix it up a bit. I will be using Recalbox with the GPIO controls so no teensy. But I have a few questions, 1. Will this safe shutdown switch still work with Recalbox? and 2. Am I able to assign different GPIO pins so that they do not conflict with the pins I will require to use a the controller pins? Thanks

megamax510

Post by megamax510 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:26 am

Camble wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:18 am
This pre-order has ended. These are now in stock and available to buy.

For issues with your PCB, please include your E-mail address in your PM. I cannot use your PayPal transaction ID to look up your details.

You can also contact me on Discord

Update 28th Feb 2017: The order process has been started! I'll update as the boards are being assembled. Anyone can still place an order for now.

Update 18th Mar 2017: I received an Email this morning to say that the boards have been assembled and are ready for shipping. I should have them very soon!

Update 4th April 2017: All pre-orders have now been sent out. The remaining boards are available to buy.

Update 9th April 2017: Following some feedback from the community, I've decided to reduce the price slightly. The cost of assembly still higher, but the price is now a bit closer to the PowerBoost version.

Summary:
  • Works with BangGood / GearBest or any generic power supply module
  • Works with software to issue a shutdown command to the Pi
  • Keeps system powered until Pi shuts down
  • Works with original DMG-01 switch
  • Optional DPDT switch (included)
  • Low battery sensing (alerts at 3.3v)
  • Protective diode for your keep-alive pin (prevents GPIO22 from being pulled to 5v)
  • 2oz copper rated for 1A (tested up to 1.5A @ 5.1v)
  • Screw hole!

Header pads are shape-coded:
  • Square Power Output Headers (Vout/Gnd)
  • Octagonal Power Supply Headers (Vin/Gnd/B+)
  • Circular Raspberry Pi Headers (3.3v/Shut-off/Keep-on/Low Battery GPIO)
Supplied:
  • Safe Shutdown PCB v1.0.
  • DPDT Switch.
Required: Wiring guide:
  • Octagonal Vin is the positive voltage connection on the BangGood supply.
  • Octagonal Gnd is the negative voltage connection on the BangGood supply.
  • Octagonal B+ is the positive battery connection on the BangGood supply.
  • Square Vout is the positive connection for supplying your components with power.
  • Square Gnd is the negative connection for supplying your components with power.
  • Circular 3.3v is the 3.3v pin (physical pin 1 or 17)
  • Circular On is the keep-alive pin, usually BCM/GPIO22 (physical pin 15)
  • Circular Off is the shutdown pin, usually BCM/GPIO27 (physical pin 13)
  • Circular Low is the low battery pin, usually BCM/GPIO17 (physical pin 11)
Additional things to note:
  • The power output headers can be connected to a power distribution strip instead of directly to the Pi.
  • Low battery sensing voltage can be altered by replacing R1 and R2 with different value resistors.
  • If you do not wish to use the low battery sensing, you must bridge B+ with PP1 or amend the power monitor script.
  • After low battery shutdown, the power switch must be placed in the OFF position to prevent further battery drain.
  • You may need a tiny blob of hot glue to prevent the PCB from rotating around the screw hole.
  • The final product will be green, to match the colour of the BangGood supply.

Please remember to install the Power Monitor script, otherwise the Pi will not shut down.
Also add the following line to /boot/config.txt, or the PowerBoost will not stay on while the Pi shuts down.

Code: Select all

dtoverlay=gpio-poweroff,gpiopin=22,active_low="y"
Please take care when handling and soldering these boards. They include static-sensitive components and have a low thermal mass. Damaged boards with burnt traces or pads cannot not be replaced.

Here's some nice pictures of the fully assembled product. (click for higher resolution)

Also available:
I also have a limited quantity of the following heatsinks. Help keep your temperatures down passively.
Click the images below to add to your order! They come with thermal tape to fix them on.

This spiky heatsink fits the Raspberry Pi CPU.

More PicturesShow
genius.

Camble

Post by Camble » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:40 pm

JA88AtheHUTT wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:09 pm
I am in the process of my second GBZ build and wanted to mix it up a bit. I will be using Recalbox with the GPIO controls so no teensy. But I have a few questions, 1. Will this safe shutdown switch still work with Recalbox? and 2. Am I able to assign different GPIO pins so that they do not conflict with the pins I will require to use a the controller pins? Thanks
I think there may be a difference in the way you can run scripts on a Recalbox build, but I'm not sure. I remember someone trying before, and the script wouldn't work. If there is any issue getting it to work with Recalbox, it will only be software. The hardware should work just fine.

And yes, you can change the GPIO pins in the script.

amishboy

Post by amishboy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:03 pm

I ordered one of these a few weeks back and I just wanted to see if it shipped and how long it normally takes to get to the us. Thanks again.

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:18 am

I am having an issue getting this working. I installed the power monitor script but I did miss the step "Power Monitor script (remember to change "AdafruitPowerBoost" to false in safe_power_monitor.py)"

So I am going to get that taken care of. Right now my power switch does nothing. Is this to be expected or is there something else that I did wrong?

Camble

Post by Camble » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:05 pm

onesojourner wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:18 am
I am having an issue getting this working. I installed the power monitor script but I did miss the step "Power Monitor script (remember to change "AdafruitPowerBoost" to false in safe_power_monitor.py)"

So I am going to get that taken care of. Right now my power switch does nothing. Is this to be expected or is there something else that I did wrong?
You will need to make that change before the script will work properly with the BangGood supply.

One uses a pull up, the other uses a pull down. See here the difference.

megamax510

Post by megamax510 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:48 am

Camble wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:05 pm

You will need to make that change before the script will work properly with the BangGood supply.

Hello Genius, is this the last version of your switch? I read 1.3, 1.2, what is this?

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:37 am

megamax510 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:48 am
Camble wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Hello Genius, is this the last version of your switch? I read 1.3, 1.2, what is this?
He you. V1.2 is the latest of the powerboost. This one is only v1.0 I have all of these powerboost. What i now from the last time talking to camble here. Is that he is improving the powerboost. But i can be wrong
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

megamax510

Post by megamax510 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:45 am

so this 1.0 is stable?