[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
neolith

Re: HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by neolith » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Okay, stupid question:
While test-fitting everything into my case for the first time, I noticed that the screen easily tilts to one direction or the other inside the bracket and I have not been able to find a way to properly correct that once the case is assembled. Now I fear that that may impossible to correct once the bracket is glued in. Any advice on how to deal with that?
It looks quite strange once things get displayed on the screen if it is not properly aligned in the case. Right now I am thinking of adding small pieces of plastic as spacers between the bracket and the screen. :?
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 pm

neolith wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 pm
Okay, stupid question:
While test-fitting everything into my case for the first time, I noticed that the screen easily tilts to one direction or the other inside the bracket and I have not been able to find a way to properly correct that once the case is assembled. Now I fear that that may impossible to correct once the bracket is glued in. Any advice on how to deal with that?
It looks quite strange once things get displayed on the screen if it is not properly aligned in the case. Right now I am thinking of adding small pieces of plastic as spacers between the bracket and the screen. :?
If the bracket was glued flush to the case this shouldn’t happen as the spacing is exactly the same size as the screen depth. Is that what happened you think? If do need to unglue the bracket, depending on the amount of glue used, it shouldn’t be too hard using some isopropyl alcohol. Do you have pics?

markolomew

Post by markolomew » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm

neolith wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:18 pm
YaYa wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:09 pm
Is that a printed case ? If no, where did you buy it please, it looks so different from the original one.
Might be one of these: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/custom-dmg-case
Bingo! That's the one
Check out my builds: Click Here
Free .STL files for 3DS/PSP joystick cap mashup: Click Here
Check out my store, 8bitmark.com: Click Here

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 pm

Neolith, i had same issues and i have solved this by first putting some smartphone glass tape arround the screen metallic shield (like one centimeter on the four sides), then i put the screen flush to the case, well centered, and only then i put the bracket with VHB on the font, at the four sides (small pieces of VHB like 3x3mm on the corners, and like 1cmx2mm L/R/T/B in the middle)

And it’s good.

HoolyHoo, measurements might change between printers, and calibration
Follow me on instagram Image

neolith

Post by neolith » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:30 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 pm
If the bracket was glued flush to the case this shouldn’t happen as the spacing is exactly the same size as the screen depth. Is that what happened you think? If do need to unglue the bracket, depending on the amount of glue used, it shouldn’t be too hard using some isopropyl alcohol. Do you have pics?
Yeah, I guess a picture would have helped a lot here. :lol: I'll upload one as soon as I get home from work.
There is just a little more space inside the bracket than the screen is wide/tall. This allows the screen to slightly tilt to one of the sides when assembling everything.
YaYa wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 pm
Neolith, i had same issues and i have solved this by first putting some smartphone glass tape arround the screen metallic shield (like one centimeter on the four sides), then i put the screen flush to the case, well centered, and only then i put the bracket with VHB on the font, at the four sides (small pieces of VHB like 3x3mm on the corners, and like 1cmx2mm L/R/T/B in the middle)

And it’s good.

HoolyHoo, measurements might change between printers, and calibration
Ooooh, that's quite a good idea. Why didn't I think of that? :lol: I'll give taping it down a try!
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 am

neolith wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 pm
Okay, stupid question:
Hey, I ran into that problem because I had filled LED holes with glue, on the front of the case, and the screen bracket didn't sit exactly flush anymore. I put a few tiny dabs of glue on the back of the screen and bracket to hold the screen firm. Resolved the issue nicely for me.

mrdude42

Post by mrdude42 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:11 pm

@Hoolyhoo Are you planning to share the PSP layout bracket for people to print their own? Or is it only for sale? I only see the .STL files for the earlier versions available in the first post.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Just a note - I moved this over to the for sale / trade section of the forum. I left a copy of the thread in the 3d printing section.

Kayumba

Post by Kayumba » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 pm

The one with PSP joystick, will it fit to the last one "Kite's Circuit Sword (Original) Pre-Order Thread (#4)(CM3)" ?

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:59 pm

Kayumba wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 pm
The one with PSP joystick, will it fit to the last one "Kite's Circuit Sword (Original) Pre-Order Thread (#4)(CM3)" ?
Yes, it will. 😀