[For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
erik_gee

Re: [For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Post by erik_gee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:51 pm

neolith wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:13 pm
I just got my bracket! :D
Everything looks fine and now I am looking forward to the weekend to get back to building my GBZ. Thanks erik_gee! :mrgreen:
Let me know how it goes !
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

MrErickson

Post by MrErickson » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Does the remaining Bracket set include the PCB?

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:59 pm

MrErickson wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:30 pm
Does the remaining Bracket set include the PCB?
Yup! The only things missing are pads and buttons. If you already have the rubber pads and buttons yourself, the stand alone bracket should be fine for you. It includes the 3d printed parts, PCB, and screws.
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

neolith

Post by neolith » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:41 pm

erik_gee wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:51 pm
Everything went fine. :)

The bracket was slightly too big, but that is due to my case being somewhat off in terms of size. A little bit of work with some sandpaper did the trick and now everything fits perfectly. :D
SpoilerShow
Your hint with the spacers inside the buttons was awesome! The feedback in terms of haptic is so much better with them! I like it so much that I put spacers into the front buttons as well. :mrgreen: For the front ones I got me a 1mm polystyrene plate and for the back buttons I used a shattered cartridge shell – its front side is 1,3mm thick.
SpoilerShow
I am very happy with how well the bracket works! Thanks again! :D

A small hint for anyone who still has to drill the holes into the back: When you drill from the inside there is a good chance that the small gills on the outside of the case just splinter away which doesn't look good. However drilling from the outside easily displaces the drill ever so slightly every time you increase the diameter resulting in a hole that is not centered anymore where it should be. That happened to me – luckily I realized it halfway through. But correcting that mistake wasn't much fun.
I got the best results by drilling all steps except the last on from the inside and then switching over to drilling from the outside for that one.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

SumCanadianGuy

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:38 am

neolith wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:41 pm
erik_gee wrote:

The bracket was slightly too big, but that is due to my case being somewhat off in terms of size. A little bit of work with some sandpaper did the trick and now everything fits perfectly. :D
SpoilerShow
Your hint with the spacers inside the buttons was awesome! The feedback in terms of haptic is so much better with them! I like it so much that I put spacers into the front buttons as well. :mrgreen: For the front ones I got me a 1mm polystyrene plate and for the back buttons I used a shattered cartridge shell – its front side is 1,3mm thick.
SpoilerShow

A small hint for anyone who still has to drill the holes into the back: When you drill from the inside there is a good chance that the small gills on the outside of the case just splinter away which doesn't look good. However drilling from the outside easily displaces the drill ever so slightly every time you increase the diameter resulting in a hole that is not centered anymore where it should be. That happened to me – luckily I realized it halfway through. But correcting that mistake wasn't much fun.
I got the best results by drilling all steps except the last on from the inside and then switching over to drilling from the outside for that one.
Let me know how you get your case closed. I am using this bracket and Dextech's battery and putting everything where it normally goes my pi hits the battery housing and i can't close it up.

mike_the_great

Post by mike_the_great » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 am

neolith wrote:
erik_gee wrote:
This is a great tip, I received my bracket yesterday, just waiting on my cases....
--
MIKE
Instagram - mike_the_great

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:47 am

neolith wrote:
erik_gee wrote:

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Looks great! Thanks for the feedback and tips!

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 am

SumCanadianGuy wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:38 am
neolith wrote:
erik_gee wrote:

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Let me know how you get your case closed. I am using this bracket and Dextech's battery and putting everything where it normally goes my pi hits the battery housing and i can't close it up.
Usually people cut off the corner of that battery compartment to fit the pi. Just kinda Dremel it out as the pi is about the same thickness as that wall

SumCanadianGuy

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:50 am

I had planned to but Dex's battery takes up the entire compartment

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:30 pm

SumCanadianGuy wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:50 am
I had planned to but Dex's battery takes up the entire compartment
You can still cut out the corner, and just have the pi rest against the battery. The pi is about the same thickness as the wall, so it won't actually go into the battery compartment. It's like replacing the wall with the pi haha