[For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
SumCanadianGuy

Re: [For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 am

YaYa wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:58 am
SumCanadianGuy wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:48 am
Umm..... Brain can't brain. Idr if I ordered this yet or not lol. I know I meant to, but that's all I remember...
:lol: whatever you are using, you should stop it before serious Alzeihmer disease :lol:
I'm a parent, I nod and uh huh to so many things I can hardly remember my name lol.

I checked my Paypal though and I did order

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:43 am

SumCanadianGuy wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 am
YaYa wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:58 am
SumCanadianGuy wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:48 am
Umm..... Brain can't brain. Idr if I ordered this yet or not lol. I know I meant to, but that's all I remember...
:lol: whatever you are using, you should stop it before serious Alzeihmer disease :lol:
I'm a parent, I nod and uh huh to so many things I can hardly remember my name lol.

I checked my Paypal though and I did order
Haha glad you figured that out 😂
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Follow me on instagram Image

SumCanadianGuy

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:15 pm

I did just finish being sick all weekend so my head was clearly not with me and I had only been awake for like an hour at that point haha

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:35 pm

hey guys, the full sets are sold out at the moment as i receive more conductive pads. They should be here within the week as i ordered them a a while ago. If you have already ordered a full set you are fine, this only applies to new orders. Stand-alone brackets are still available, you just have to provide your own buttons and conductive pads. Thanks for the understanding
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

Rroobb21

Post by Rroobb21 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:57 pm

erik_gee wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:35 pm
hey guys, the full sets are sold out at the moment as i receive more conductive pads. They should be here within the week as i ordered them a a while ago. If you have already ordered a full set you are fine, this only applies to new orders. Stand-alone brackets are still available, you just have to provide your own buttons and conductive pads. Thanks for the understanding
mine turned up yesterday , awesome thanks so much

SumCanadianGuy

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:06 pm

I haven't checked the mail this week because I didn't think I was expecting anything. Now I remember this lol. Guess I'll have to check it

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Let me know how it works for you guys! Also, I have a video tut on the first page. Has some tips in there for installing. I'd recommend using a piece of screen plastic in your buttons to give it a more firm press. Out of box, the buttons are more of a low profile feel.

Let me know if you guys have any questions !

Alex.

Post by Alex. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Great video guide Eric. I'm wondering which you would recommend; the gameboy buttons or the tactile buttons? I'm going to be building my first GBZ with Kite's new CM3 board so I have a little time to decide.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Alex. wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 pm
Great video guide Eric. I'm wondering which you would recommend; the gameboy buttons or the tactile buttons? I'm going to be building my first GBZ with Kite's new CM3 board so I have a little time to decide.
It's funny because I was actually just thinking about this earlier today. If you mean the normal tactile that are little pegs, I honestly believe those are garbage. They hurt, they are uncomfortable. The ONLY positive I find is that they are extremely easy to install as the drill hole is small and can't really be messed up. And if you stick it in the screw posts you don't even need to drill anything. They are very cheap, hard to do wrong, and are small so you can still install a cart reader. But they are uncomfortable beyond all hell and I'm sure everyone here will agree with that haha

If you are talking about my tactile switch bracket, it for sure relieves that issue. The buttons are 12 mm so they feel absolutely great compared to the pegs.They are also screwed in,unlike the other tactile which you glue and can eventually come off with time and pressure. The downside is that there is more room for error as you have to drill the holes accurately. Also, you can't use a cart reader anymore as it takes up the same space. So those are the drawbacks.

As for this dmg bracket, you have the same issue of not installing a cart reader. The benefit here is that you can use the same buttons as you do for the front so your Gameboy will actually match, as the tactile caps are only in certain colors. Downside is that it is a bit more expensive for the full set (by 3$). Although the holes are easier to drill as it is the same drill size as the front buttons, and the guide sit right against the case so you can get an accurate center.

All have pros and cons. If you have any specific questions just let me know !
If money is the largest concern, I'd recommend just using the peg shoulder buttons as they are only a few cents, and just hope you don't use them often enough to hurt your fingers haha