[PRE ORDERS CLOSED] mintyPi Kits SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
User avatar
OrigamiBoy
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:22 pm
Location: tatooine
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Contact:

[PRE ORDERS CLOSED] mintyPi Kits SOLD OUT

Post by OrigamiBoy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:48 pm

ROUND 2 SOLD OUT

Hello!

After popular request I have decided to open pre-orders for a mintyPi kit that I'm putting together.

Here is a list of what the list includes:

Raspberry Pi Zero W
Button PCB
2.4 Inch Screen
3D Printed Frames (Provided by Sudomod)
DS Lite Buttons (Provided by Sudomod)
MicroLipo Battery Charger (See details below)
USB Sound Chip
3.7V 1200mAh Lithium Polymer Battery
Small Power Switch
3 Tactile Switches
Ribbon Cable
0.5 W 8Ω Speaker
Screws
Altoids Tin
Tin hole guide

If you are more visual, here is a picture:
SpoilerShow
Parts Pictured.png
Parts Pictured.png (3.68 MiB) Viewed 5157 times
I am currently only offering Peppermint, Wintergreen, and Spearmint themes. And only white and black buttons. If you truly want to get another theme just PM me

Price is 160$ (Not including shipping/tax)


I am not selling these directly here on the forums.
If you want to purchase one you can do it here:

https://mintykit.com/products/mintypi-k ... 9572835354

More details are there aswell.

To avoid confusion:

These are sold by me (OrigamiBoy) NOT Wermy

[10/25/2017] Orders Placed
[10/25/2017] Preorders open
[11/07/2017] Pre-order closes. <--- You are Here
[??/??/????] All parts arrive
[??/??/????] Orders ready to ship
[??/??/????] Orders shipped
[??/??/????] Restart the timeline

PS:
I know I am using Wermys thumbnail as the product picture. This is because I do not have all the parts in stock yet and cannot take a custom picture till they arrive

PLEASE NOTE:
This is a pre-order.



Feel free to PM/email me any questions you have.

:)

FAQ

Q: Are the screen and button PCB going to be Helder's updated versions?
A: Yes, that means you will have the battery board build in, and have that much nicer screen.

Q: What version of the bezel does it include?
A: It includes the updated one, AKA the screw less version.

Q: Is the SD card pre-imaged?
A: Sadly, no, however I will include detailed instrustions on how to image it.
Last edited by OrigamiBoy on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 27 times in total.

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 866
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 am

OrigamiBoy wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:48 pm

I have ordered supplies for 10 kits, so get them while they last.


Button PCB
2.4 Inch Screen
Ribbon Cable


Price is 150$ (Not including shipping/tax)

I am not selling these directly here on the forums.

If you want to purchase one you can do it here:

https://mintykit.com/products/mintypi-k ... 9572835354

More details are there aswell.

To avoid confusion:

These are sold by me (OrigamiBoy) NOT Wermy

PS:
I know I am using Wermys thumbnail as the product picture. This is because I do not have all the parts in stock yet and cannot take a custom picture till they arrive

PLEASE NOTE

This is a pre-order.
It will be 2-3 weeks before orders are shipped out.


hi michael


How have you got 10 kits available....

Helder only sells 5 kits max....

and if you were able to order 10 kits from Helder, why would you put them up for immidiate resale (you've basically stopped 10 genuine builders from making the mintyPi, just to cash in.....)


Please explain.....


.

cobramike
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:31 am
Location: Gelderland, Netherlands
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by cobramike » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 am
OrigamiBoy wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:48 pm

I have ordered supplies for 10 kits, so get them while they last.


Button PCB
2.4 Inch Screen
Ribbon Cable


Price is 150$ (Not including shipping/tax)

I am not selling these directly here on the forums.

If you want to purchase one you can do it here:

https://mintykit.com/products/mintypi-k ... 9572835354

More details are there aswell.

To avoid confusion:

These are sold by me (OrigamiBoy) NOT Wermy

PS:
I know I am using Wermys thumbnail as the product picture. This is because I do not have all the parts in stock yet and cannot take a custom picture till they arrive

PLEASE NOTE

This is a pre-order.
It will be 2-3 weeks before orders are shipped out.


hi michael


How have you got 10 kits available....

Helder only sells 5 kits max....

and if you were able to order 10 kits from Helder, why would you put them up for immidiate resale (you've basically stopped 10 genuine builders from making the mintyPi, just to cash in.....)


Please explain.....


.

Two different names and two different paypal accounts made it possible i think
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 866
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:33 am

cobramike wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 am

Two different names and two different paypal accounts made it possible i think
thanks Columbo....

buy i think this guy needs to explain it....


sounds very fishy..... i wouldnt trust it....

cobramike
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:31 am
Location: Gelderland, Netherlands
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by cobramike » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:18 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:33 am
cobramike wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 am

Two different names and two different paypal accounts made it possible i think
thanks Columbo....

buy i think this guy needs to explain it....


sounds very fishy..... i wouldnt trust it....
Thanks for that wonderful name. I always wanted that name and now i have it. As Wermey was saying in other post`s here on the forum. Sent him a private message and ask him. Maybe he is legit or not. He doesn't need to explain him self here on the forum because you want it!!!. It's possible to have more then 5 kits. It wasn't that hard to order from helder with 2 different address.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 866
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:28 am

cobramike wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:18 am
VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:33 am
cobramike wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 am

Two different names and two different paypal accounts made it possible i think
thanks Columbo....

buy i think this guy needs to explain it....


sounds very fishy..... i wouldnt trust it....
Thanks for that wonderful name. I always wanted that name and now i have it. As Wermey was saying in other post`s here on the forum. Sent him a private message and ask him. Maybe he is legit or not.

ohh, just one more thing.....


it seems like this mintyPi project has just turned into a money spinner for some (not a bad thing i'm all for making the $$$, if it werent for the whole maker/modder thing)


personally, if it is legit..... why initially block 10 legit people from making the project, only so you can resell to them....

whats the thinking behind this whole thing..... still need to hear it from the horses mouth....

cobramike
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:31 am
Location: Gelderland, Netherlands
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by cobramike » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:50 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:28 am
cobramike wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:18 am
VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:33 am


thanks Columbo....

buy i think this guy needs to explain it....


sounds very fishy..... i wouldnt trust it....
Thanks for that wonderful name. I always wanted that name and now i have it. As Wermey was saying in other post`s here on the forum. Sent him a private message and ask him. Maybe he is legit or not.

ohh, just one more thing.....


it seems like this mintyPi project has just turned into a money spinner for some (not a bad thing i'm all for making the $$$, if it werent for the whole maker/modder thing)


personally, if it is legit..... why initially block 10 legit people from making the project, only so you can resell to them....

whats the thinking behind this whole thing..... still need to hear it from the horses mouth....
First off all show some respect as a member here. I dont care if he is selling this. Still the same price what Helder and Wermy where selling this. Also its a complete kit. So for 150 a great deal. Pay buy paypal. If you dont get your item. Make a request on paypal and you have your money back. Whats the fucking deal if he has 10 20 30 kits. And second if it's bothering you if someone is selling this. Don't spam here and make a new topic. If you dont trust it report this post and ask the moderators to investigate.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 866
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:55 am

cobramike wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:50 am
VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:28 am
cobramike wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:18 am


Thanks for that wonderful name. I always wanted that name and now i have it. As Wermey was saying in other post`s here on the forum. Sent him a private message and ask him. Maybe he is legit or not.

ohh, just one more thing.....


it seems like this mintyPi project has just turned into a money spinner for some (not a bad thing i'm all for making the $$$, if it werent for the whole maker/modder thing)


personally, if it is legit..... why initially block 10 legit people from making the project, only so you can resell to them....

whats the thinking behind this whole thing..... still need to hear it from the horses mouth....
First off all show some respect as a member here.

just so that your aware, keep this sort of advise to yourself (and ironically, try practicing what you preach)....

if i have an opinion, i'll share it.... if you dont like it, then tough.... its my opinion not yours....


and so that everyone is clear....

if Helder is selling max 5 kits per person, how is he able to sell 10 kits
(even if the profit for him isnt that great), but people on a budget, cant buy the bits as their pockets allow them to... having to stump up $150+ in one go....

and most importantly..... why buy the kits (if he was able to buy 10), only to put them up for resale, which has potentially stopped 10 other people from getting the kits (if this is how things are progressing, its time i start charging for everything as well, or just leave)....



the same nonsense happens with venue tickets, sneakers, iphones etc etc.... this isnt entrepreneurship, its stopping legit buyers from buying the items...

IMHO, if you dont like it..... explain the thinkng behind it...









.

Hoverfly
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by Hoverfly » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 am

i vote for banning OrigamiBoy and cobramike. They are probably the same person. Check the IP's @wermy

User avatar
dryja123
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: Central NJ
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 361 times

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by dryja123 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:55 am

if Helder is selling max 5 kits per person, how is he able to sell 10 kits
I don't want to get involved in the fray but wanted to correct you on this. Helder didn't have an order limit constraint on his second round of the mintyPi PCBs, he only had a constraint of 5 kits on the first round. You could have ordered 100 kits on the second round if you had the cash. I know this because I read it in the sale forum and bought 5 the first round and 2 the second round. (I felt bad that I had 2 more than what I needed and sold them when I saw people couldn't get them.)

For everyone, please let's keep the language and arguemnet civil. There are members spanning all different ages. Please allow the mods to sort this out.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests