[WANTED]Button pcb

Post all "Looking to buy XYZ" threads here.
Zmoneyrecords

[WANTED]Button pcb

Post by Zmoneyrecords » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm looking to buy just the button pcb if anyone is willing to sell theirs. I'll pay the same as what you paid for a kit but I only need the button portion you can keep the screen and ribbon cables. Anyone who has extras or is willing to sell theirs contact me. Thanks.

VeteranGamer

Re: [WANTED]Button pcb

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:20 am

Zmoneyrecords wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 pm
I'm looking to buy just the button pcb if anyone is willing to sell theirs. I'll pay the same as what you paid for a kit but I only need the button portion you can keep the screen and ribbon cables. Anyone who has extras or is willing to sell theirs contact me. Thanks.

you should buy the kit (if your lucky enough to get hold of one)......

just buy the kit, unless you already have one and trashed the pcb.....

not passing any judgement, but what use is just the pcb without the screen parts (unless your looking to copy the board)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:05 am

Must be the same guy who hit me up on Discord who wanted the files or rather the manufacturer I used so he can order board just for him but not screw me over in the process. How many has it been this week with the same request? Even if he were to copy the board which is what this guy on Discord planned on doing by sending it to a board house in the UK this plain board is obsolete and is to be superseded by the next version.

God damn thieves with the same god damn sob stories, people like this (it's been a few just this week alone) will make me limit quantities for future sales to less than 5, which sucks for everyone else looking to buy a kit and support the creators and the site and community but I can see it's only a matter of time before someone copies the board.

Like I said this current board is to be obsolete in the near future as improvements are always being made to the design.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Zmoneyrecords

Post by Zmoneyrecords » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:16 am

I'm not trying to recreate the board I messed up my board and now I have hundreds of dollars in parts that are useless to me. I was going to wait for a kit but I figured I would throw this up here incase any one has extras they're willing to sell.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 am

Zmoneyrecords wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:16 am
I'm not trying to recreate the board I messed up my board and now I have hundreds of dollars in parts that are useless to me. I was going to wait for a kit but I figured I would throw this up here incase any one has extras they're willing to sell.
No probs,
as I said wasn't passing judgement, just sounded a bit iffy....

Hopefully your board isn't that trashed...
If you post some picks, either Helder or community can help...

Zmoneyrecords

Post by Zmoneyrecords » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 am

Unfortunately it's completely trashed. I was dumb and didn't realize how difficult it would be to buy a new one, I must've gotten lucky the first time I bought one because I bought one with no problem and got it a few days later. Because of this I figured that I would rather have a fresh one rather then a beat up one that I tried to fix so I broke it and threw it away. Now seeing how hard they are to find and how I may have to wait for the next batch I picked it out of the garbage and am currently waiting for more silicone coated wire to come in the mail so I can try and connect each gpio to their test pads and hopefully have a bit of luck in restoring it. But if I come across someone who is selling theirs I'll gladly buy it off them to avoid further frustration from this piece and it'll no doubt look better than the one I have to bring back to life.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:36 am

Zmoneyrecords wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 am
Unfortunately it's completely trashed. I was dumb and didn't realize how difficult it would be to buy a new one, I must've gotten lucky the first time I bought one because I bought one with no problem and got it a few days later. Because of this I figured that I would rather have a fresh one rather then a beat up one that I tried to fix so I broke it and threw it away. Now seeing how hard they are to find and how I may have to wait for the next batch I picked it out of the garbage and am currently waiting for more silicone coated wire to come in the mail so I can try and connect each gpio to their test pads and hopefully have a bit of luck in restoring it. But if I come across someone who is selling theirs I'll gladly buy it off them to avoid further frustration from this piece and it'll no doubt look better than the one I have to bring back to life.

it cant be that trashed....

you guys alll are working from the red boards which has test points for every connection.... if one connection (even if its more) is messed up, you have alternative points that you can use (exactkly as you've stated the GPIO)

i would still advise to post a pic or two, some will be able to offer advise (if not Helder)

Zmoneyrecords

Post by Zmoneyrecords » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:52 am

Well as I said I was dumb and went to throw it out and I always break any electronics before I throw them out. The main damage came from me removing raspberry pi after I soldered it. I spent a long time trying to get all the solder out of the points with a pump but I still couldn't remove it with no damage. That's when I decided to try and just buy a new one instead of messy with a sloppy one. But I'm also going to still try and wire it now but I know it's going to be much more difficult than it could be with a new one. I want to get the project done and this is the piece holding me back. I'm hoping the 3D printed case can help hold it together while I solder the points. I'm just afraid of it causing more damage to other parts eventually. So I'll eventually switch it out when the parts are available to me.
Attachments
IMG_1810.JPG
IMG_1810.JPG (2.01 MiB) Viewed 5969 times

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 am

Zmoneyrecords wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:52 am
Well as I said I was dumb and went to throw it out and I always break any electronics before I throw them out. The main damage came from me removing raspberry pi after I soldered it. I spent a long time trying to get all the solder out of the points with a pump but I still couldn't remove it with no damage. That's when I decided to try and just buy a new one instead of messy with a sloppy one. But I'm also going to still try and wire it now but I know it's going to be much more difficult than it could be with a new one. I want to get the project done and this is the piece holding me back. I'm hoping the 3D printed case can help hold it together while I solder the points. I'm just afraid of it causing more damage to other parts eventually. So I'll eventually switch it out when the parts are available to me.
Wow, it really is trashed! Should have kept it in one piece, once Helder opens his next pre order make sure to get a new one. Not sure how usable it will be broken in a few pieces.

Zmoneyrecords

Post by Zmoneyrecords » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:02 pm

Yea I wasn't exaggerating lol I saw how stupid I was once I realized how hard it is to get a hold of some of the pieces. I'll still try and tinker with it. Thanks for help.