[For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
erik_gee

Re: [Interest Check] Original DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Post by erik_gee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 am

cobramike wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:33 am
erik_gee wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 am
neolith wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:08 am
Thanks for the detailed explanation! The pricing is fine, don't worry about that. You put a lot of time into this, I wouldn't mind if you slap a few bucks on top so you make a bit more profit. ;)
haha well, while that sounds great on my end, I feel like this is a good spot for everyone else. I wouldnt feel comfortable asking anymore than 18$ to keep it fair
What the ..... 18 dollars!!!! is that plus shipping.!

Why i am saying this is because it's 2 buttons and a easy to make pcb. Dont get me wrong but the price is not worth it if you can get the same thing with case and custom buttons for 12 euros. Sorry m8 if the pcb what's something very nice with gold and aloud more options mabey then.

UPDATE. People were messaging me here. Saying i was a sad man ;)
And if people do not beleave me because no one is selling this.
Check this post out. http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... +cut+cases.
For those messaging him rude comments, please stop. I asked specifically for input like his.

Thank you Mike for taking the time to show your concern. I've spoken with kubino concerning my other bracket , he is a very nice guy. We are actually going to be working together a bit, as I am sending him some of my pieces and he is gonna offer cut out options for my brackets. He is a very pleasant person to talk to and he offers amazingly beautiful work.

That being said, as others have stated, he only offers tactile switch options. I personally don't mind tactile switches if they use some sort of cap, to keep my fingers from hurting. I prefer them over conductive buttons in some cases. But I know there are many who would like to use their original buttons to keep the same feel as the front. I know because others have expressed this to me directly many times, and as far as I am aware, there isn't a clean item for this. I know caste has something similar, and he offers the bracket portion for it for free (thank you caste), and it is a great option. Anyone interested please search his name and you will find his post where he offers the file. With his bracket however, you have to purchase separate, much larger pcbs to use with it. The size prevent you from easily moving the buttons to the same position as mine and must sit a little higher up into where the game cartridge is located . And it must be fully glued down. But it is still a fantastic option. Other than that I don't believe there is anything else but if I am wrong please let me know, as I fully understand that I may have missed it.

Without the availability of similar items to base my price, I let the community decide the price. On my first post I have a whole section asking the community to give me their input and set a fair price for everyone. It's been there for white some time and I've even posted along this thread asking as well. And I've only received a few comments, stating this current price that I have settled on. Again, the community input is really important to be because I want to make sure things are fair. So Tha k you for your input as it is very useful for me. That being said, It would have been much easier for me if more people had expressed their opinion on the price as it would have allowed for a more stable equilibrium price. I only had about 3 or 4 replies to work with, who all supported this decision.

But if more people come forward who object to the price, then of course I can work on finding a common ground :) I'm willing to work with all opinions so please if anyone else feels the same way, please please come forward and don't be nervous to state your opinion! And please no one shame them, because I am asking for their help. Please come forward, especially the next few days. I can delay the release a bit to allow more time for people to give me their concerns and I can adjust it before it's released! Again, please please please let me know!

Thank you again Mike :)
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am

This debate, in my own opinion, shouldn’t have occured. You are free to ask the price you want and people are free to pay the price they want.
And if some people are thinking that the price is too high, they can still try to go for cheaper solution.
I can understand both point of view but for me, designing, digging, making... is taking a lot of time, and this time should more or less be rewarded.
Follow me on instagram Image

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:48 am

YaYa wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am
This debate, in my own opinion, shouldn’t have occured. You are free to ask the price you want and people are free to pay the price they want.
And if some people are thinking that the price is too high, they can still try to go for cheaper solution.
I can understand both point of view but for me, designing, digging, making... is taking a lot of time, and this time should more or less be rewarded.
I totally understand, and I feel this way about designers here at sudomod, as it leads to them wanting to develop more cool items. This one alone has taken me quite a bit of time as the small area it is located has presented a lot of design hiccups along the way. But for me this isn't my store, this is my community. That's why I ask opinions instead of just setting a price.

There are people, mainly from China, that come in here every now and then just to make a quick buck and leave and I don't want to be those people. I came here like all of you, learning to make the gameboy and having a blast. My gawd my first build was monstrous, I posted it about a year or more ago haha and it would have been great if I had all these bits back then.

Thank you for your defense but it really doesn't bother me as I've asked for this :) like you said there are other options that are cheaper. That's why I have pointed people to caste's bracket as a great alternative. And I'm not sure if he has a donate button but if he does, I'd encourage people to also send a few bucks his way and pay for a beer for him haha he definitely deserves it.
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:12 am

It took me more than 5 hours to design this piece, spending time measuring and trying to figure out in 3D (in my mind) how to do this. And then inworked on Sketchup, finished with Fusion.
Then i’ve spent almost 15€ for the test prints in 3D because i have no printer at home.
And i still need to adjust some details. It took me an hour more to modify by sanding the piece to perfectly match my needs after the last test print.
So i now need to make a final printing, and spend a 5€ more for printing and shipping...
This piece is maybe 1,5g, it should end with a cost of 20€ and 6 hours of labour.
Here in France, one hour is paid 20€ with charges...
so this tiny piece of shit (sorry for the language) worth almost 140€ to design...
If (i insist on the IF) i was willing to sell it, how much piece i can expect selling ? How many people will go the same way as i did with this specific battery ? Among them, how much are willing to use NO glue ? And among them, how many people would actually want to buy such a stuff to put in their build ? I think less than 10... Maybe 20 to be kind...
So i may end asking 140/20=7€+taxes+shipping+PayPal fees...
But you know you can’t because people won’t accept that...
But you have to put a price... because you worked hard, because you supplied material...

I’m not afraid when i see Kite’s sword board at 150$ because i can (just maybe) imagine how much time he put in designing it.
I am not agraid to see Helders minty pi board at 35$...
And you know what, i find this really cheap regarding the hours they spend here helping people to enjoy their buy, regarding the hours spent to design, test, spend money to have something salable ...

I thank everyone here for what they are doing... cheap or expensive, people are spending personal time (because yes, nobody here as far as i know i a company) to give us pleasure, and give the possibility to non acknowledged people to easily build a fucking cool stuff (sorry again for my language)

Voila

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 am

Thanks Yaya! Totally right there with you! Speaking of which that new kite board is looking superrrr sweet

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:42 am

Yeah my beloved half will kill me when i'll come to talk about it... I even didn't finish my first build, and i'mm already be talking a forthcoming build that will cost more hahaah

SumCanadianGuy

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 am

Pricing sounds good and there was honestly no need to explain yourself. Just because one of us made something shouldn't make us question price. I am a 3D designer and I know how long it can take to make something. Not because it is hard to do, but because you have to come back to it and change tolerances and adjust for print shrinkage. The last product I designed I bet I had 10 failed ones printed out on my desk before I had the final prototype. Great work and I can't wait for you to take my money lol.

antone

Post by antone » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:37 pm

YaYa wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:12 am

It took me more than 5 hours to design this piece, spending time measuring and trying to figure out in 3D (in my mind) how to do this. And then inworked on Sketchup, finished with Fusion.
Then i’ve spent almost 15€ for the test prints in 3D because i have no printer at home.
And i still need to adjust some details. It took me an hour more to modify by sanding the piece to perfectly match my needs after the last test print.
So i now need to make a final printing, and spend a 5€ more for printing and shipping...
This piece is maybe 1,5g, it should end with a cost of 20€ and 6 hours of labour.
Here in France, one hour is paid 20€ with charges...
so this tiny piece of shit (sorry for the language) worth almost 140€ to design...
If (i insist on the IF) i was willing to sell it, how much piece i can expect selling ? How many people will go the same way as i did with this specific battery ? Among them, how much are willing to use NO glue ? And among them, how many people would actually want to buy such a stuff to put in their build ? I think less than 10... Maybe 20 to be kind...
So i may end asking 140/20=7€+taxes+shipping+PayPal fees...
But you know you can’t because people won’t accept that...
But you have to put a price... because you worked hard, because you supplied material...

I’m not afraid when i see Kite’s sword board at 150$ because i can (just maybe) imagine how much time he put in designing it.
I am not agraid to see Helders minty pi board at 35$...
And you know what, i find this really cheap regarding the hours they spend here helping people to enjoy their buy, regarding the hours spent to design, test, spend money to have something salable ...

I thank everyone here for what they are doing... cheap or expensive, people are spending personal time (because yes, nobody here as far as i know i a company) to give us pleasure, and give the possibility to non acknowledged people to easily build a fucking cool stuff (sorry again for my language)

Voila

Yaya you wouldn’t want to share the file for that pogo support bracket would you?

erik_gee

Re: [For Sale] Original DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Post by erik_gee » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 pm

its on!

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:11 pm

antone wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Yaya you wouldn’t want to share the file for that pogo support bracket would you?
I will, just let me finish the design. Take 5 minutes to read the end of my build log, i’m explaining the issues and the solutions i found.
It’s in my signature