Screen Surround

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
dominator

Re: Screen Surround

Post by dominator » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:18 am

TechDante1 wrote:hi there here are a couple things i've been working on. is the font on the bezel too small for the powered by pi its 1mm high
pokemon black.jpg
ptiendo beazel.jpg
Hi,
the powered by Pi may be there but it might look blurred. I can always do a test print, when I have time!!

dominator

Post by dominator » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 am

Hi,
just a quick update for anyone who is waiting for a screen.
I am still working through everything. If you have not heard from me, then I will get there eventually...
some of the custom screens that I printed today, they still have protective film on.

CaptainDurden

Post by CaptainDurden » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:15 pm

have you ever tried to fit the OG "dot matrix with stereo sound "? is that too long a text? cuz in my mind that's the most old school boss bezel possible.
Helder wrote:People spend so much time in asking questions and no time looking for an answer that is available.

FerociousSM

Post by FerociousSM » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Thanks mate! I got my Screen cover and Cartridge label today. Love 'em! Ordered Sep 3 and received today Sep 13 to Texas.

AustenFM

Post by AustenFM » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:54 pm

CaptainDurden wrote:have you ever tried to fit the OG "dot matrix with stereo sound "? is that too long a text? cuz in my mind that's the most old school boss bezel possible.
He has actually made that exact screen surround!! You should be able to find an example in this thread somewhere. That's the version I got and its perfect. I dont think it's available on his site yet but send him a PM here and inquire about it~ I had to write in the notes of the checkout on his site specifying I wanted the 'dot matrix' display. But ask him first if he has any available before you drop an order

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:05 am

I can see the new "modified with raspberry pi", does this mean my new screen will ship soon? :P

build is almost done!

the one in the picture looks way better in comparison to the one i got now :) :D :D
My first GBZ build -=HERE=- -> Became a gift to my little brother!
My 2nd GBZ build -=WIP HERE=- -> going with HDMI!

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:34 am

yo @dominator

You probably already know or someone already mentioned it to you but you know your website is down?

TechDante1

Post by TechDante1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:49 pm

dominator wrote:
TechDante1 wrote:hi there here are a couple things i've been working on. is the font on the bezel too small for the powered by pi its 1mm high
pokemon black.jpg
ptiendo beazel.jpg
Hi,
the powered by Pi may be there but it might look blurred. I can always do a test print, when I have time!!

thank you for the feedback i have made updates to the design would this version be better?
ptiendo beazel.png
ptiendo beazel.png (16.5 KiB) Viewed 8006 times

dominator

Post by dominator » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:42 am

hueblo wrote:yo @dominator

You probably already know or someone already mentioned it to you but you know your website is down?
Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know, that's a good start to my day!! I have signed up for another webhosting company and now have to figure out how to swap my website...

I have not been on here much since I have mostly been making screens...
So if you need to contact me email is best.

Cheers,
Dom.

Tamasco

Post by Tamasco » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:05 am

dominator wrote: Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know, that's a good start to my day!! I have signed up for another webhosting company and now have to figure out how to swap my website...

I have not been on here much since I have mostly been making screens...
So if you need to contact me email is best.

Cheers,
Dom.
Is it hosted in 000webhost? You may wanna check Hostinger. I think is the best of both (of the free ones at least).