Veteran's 2nd GBZ (HDMI Screen) (Completed)

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
Denguin

Re: Veteran's 2nd GBZ (HDMI Screen + Stereo Sound) (WIP)

Post by Denguin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 pm

tinkerBOY wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:18 am
I have already taken the touch panel off. My other composite screens are noticeably brighter. It looks great still though.

Tested a GBA game Pokemon Ruby, it's super sharp and clear like it was designed for this game. 😁😁😁 Bilinear was set ON. You've got to try it!
Do you have any instructions oh how to remove the touch panel?

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:56 pm

Denguin wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 pm
tinkerBOY wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:18 am
I have already taken the touch panel off. My other composite screens are noticeably brighter. It looks great still though.

Tested a GBA game Pokemon Ruby, it's super sharp and clear like it was designed for this game. 😁😁😁 Bilinear was set ON. You've got to try it!
Do you have any instructions oh how to remove the touch panel?
just carefully peal it off (if you want to keep it for future use)..... its only held there with some double sided tape

DeRock89

Post by DeRock89 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:44 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:57 am
YaYa wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:45 am
I am wondering where you will throw the two speakers for stereo sound.

I've ordered everything for my first build but yet didn't receive anything so i can't figure out exactly the room i will have.

Didi you go for round 28mm speakers ?
I've seen on Aliexpress square speakers with very small footprint and depth but for now, i've ordered round classic ones. I will see while building what to do exactly !

Thanks for your posts, you are building smart GBZ with plenty of ingenious stuffs :idea:

the only place they can go is the original speaker location (because of the grill/cutouts)
unless you looking to make further modifications to the case/shell (which could end up disastrous)....

i will have to modify the part of the case/shell that holds the riginal speaker... but not by much

i searched around for a while, and even bought speakers for tablets of aliexpress (which are also really cheap to buy)
but ended up buying a pair of laptop speakers of ebay (Used/salvaged), and the real reason for that was the buid quality on these (even as used) just look better than the speakers you get in most tablets.... but im sure the tablet speakers would have been fine

I REALLY want to use these speakers in my build and do the same thing for stereo sound. Can you tell me the make and model so I can try and find them???

Also I noticed in your parts manifesto, you state that you're using two amps. Is that correct? An amp for each speaker?

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 pm

DeRock89 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:44 pm

I REALLY want to use these speakers in my build and do the same thing for stereo sound. Can you tell me the make and model so I can try and find them???

Also I noticed in your parts manifesto, you state that you're using two amps. Is that correct? An amp for each speaker?
there used laptop/notebook speakers i found on ebay.....

i'm only using one amp (you can ony use one amp with this setup).....
but i'm currently having a few minor issues with the sound, i can wire up the two speakers to the amp, but the volume wheel is an issue
when ever i do wire up the volume wheel, i experience some minor (and it is minor) feedback/static... its just not crystal clear as with just one speaker....

im trying to find a solution to this (and if succesful, will post a wiring diagram)
if not the stereo will have to be scrapped for now (just one speaker)

vnman

Post by vnman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:16 am

I want to use the screen barcket for my next build but I do not have a 3d printer.

Anyone willing to print one?

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:39 am

Somebody has got to replicate the part for us. Is that such a complicated part?
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

vnman

Post by vnman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:30 am

How long is the FPV cable?

I am about to place an order with aliexpress.

DeRock89

Post by DeRock89 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:36 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 pm
DeRock89 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:44 pm

there used laptop/notebook speakers i found on ebay.....

i'm only using one amp (you can ony use one amp with this setup).....
but i'm currently having a few minor issues with the sound, i can wire up the two speakers to the amp, but the volume wheel is an issue
when ever i do wire up the volume wheel, i experience some minor (and it is minor) feedback/static... its just not crystal clear as with just one speaker....

im trying to find a solution to this (and if succesful, will post a wiring diagram)
if not the stereo will have to be scrapped for now (just one speaker)

Oh okay. I saw where you measured the width in a picture. I'm just tired of waiting for packages and don't want to order the wrong things. They are 7mm wide right? What about the length and height? Maybe I can use those dimensions to find a closest match to these.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:29 am

DeRock89 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:36 am

Oh okay. I saw where you measured the width in a picture. I'm just tired of waiting for packages and don't want to order the wrong things. They are 7mm wide right? What about the length and height? Maybe I can use those dimensions to find a closest match to these.

these are the speakers i originally intended to use.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Toshi ... Sw4iVZyi08

the seller may not send outside of the UK, but you can try and search from a local seller to you......

VeteranGamer

Re: Veteran's 2nd GBZ (HDMI Screen + Stereo Sound) ((Nearly Done))

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:36 am

just a quick update.....

i'm about 99% done, just sorting out a couple of teething issues before i can say the build is completed/done.....

heres some pics of where everything is going to be placed
(this was done a while ago, and extra wiring has been added and some wiring as been changed or shortended, but the placement is still the same)

just to show, you can fit a resonable sized battery into a build without butchering everything up.....

i've also added some heatsinks, as while testing everything i wasnt too pleased with the amount of heat the build kicks off
(one for the screen and another on the Pi Zero)

i'll post the completed build very soon.....