Max's Gameboy Color Zero

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
EemsRoro

Re: Max's Gameboy Color Zero

Post by EemsRoro » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:17 pm

How hard was this? I'm super interested!

Max, how do you compare with the GBZ? I'm highly curious to for a video if you were willing!

ChadWardenn

Post by ChadWardenn » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:38 am

I'll do a gbcz too but I have a problem with the screen size. I make a topic about that : viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4859
I post the link here because if I have a solution, maybe I'll interest someone in the future.

Jake03

Post by Jake03 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:10 am

Would the adafruit 2.8 in screen fit into the colour? I didnt realise the colour would be so hard to build for my first time

NimbleJoshua

Post by NimbleJoshua » Thu May 31, 2018 12:19 pm

Jake03 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:10 am
Would the adafruit 2.8 in screen fit into the colour? I didnt realise the colour would be so hard to build for my first time
The display itself will fit...but only with a decent amount of modification. You will likely need to remove the top 2 (maybe middle two as well) screw posts and definitely the border wall that held the original screen in place. Also might have difficulty with the volume wheel and power switch depending on how you implement it.
If you're planning on using an SPI display, you could most likely cut the PCB to save space.

If you don't want to do all that, I strongly recommend to use the 2.5" composite that Max has. That one still requires a little modding to the front and back shell, but it's not nearly as painful.