DirtyBeagles Build/Progress GBZ (Completed)

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
dirtybeagles

Re: DirtyBeagles Build/Progress

Post by dirtybeagles » Fri May 20, 2016 8:47 am

Does anyone have basic sound connected? I know other people have been talking about using the peto and headphone jack, but I just want to connect the speaker.

Anyone around who could help me on what I need to connect it to? If you look at my diagram I just have the speakers connected to an amplifier and power/gnd going to the breakout board.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Sat May 28, 2016 1:56 pm

If anyone could help me with A+ and A- connections for the amp I purchased? http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=363

MaKro

Post by MaKro » Sat May 28, 2016 3:50 pm

dirtybeagles wrote:If anyone could help me with A+ and A- connections for the amp I purchased? http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=363
I think you need a USB audio card. There is no audio outputs on the pi besides HDMI.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Sun May 29, 2016 3:21 am

MaKro wrote:I think you need a USB audio card. There is no audio outputs on the pi besides HDMI.
But there is PWM Audio.

MaKro

Post by MaKro » Sun May 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Fleder wrote:
MaKro wrote:I think you need a USB audio card. There is no audio outputs on the pi besides HDMI.
But there is PWM Audio.
Did you do any of the software setup or make the mixer card?

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Sun May 29, 2016 10:00 pm

MaKro wrote:
Fleder wrote:
But there is PWM Audio.
THE PWM audio does take a low-filter setup to have it work. However, like DB and Fleder said, it is available option instead of the USB auido or HDMI.

RPi0 PWM Audio

MaKro

Post by MaKro » Sun May 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Kilren wrote:
MaKro wrote:
Fleder wrote: But there is PWM Audio.
THE PWM audio does take a low-filter setup to have it work. However, like DB and Fleder said, it is available option instead of the USB auido or HDMI.

RPi0 PWM Audio
Sorry, by mixer I meant filter. I haven't seen any reference to any audio connections besides power to the amplifier in the previous posts.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Sun May 29, 2016 10:42 pm

MaKro wrote:
Kilren wrote:
MaKro wrote:

RPi0 PWM Audio
Sorry, by mixer I meant filter. I haven't seen any reference to any audio connections besides power to the amplifier in the previous posts.
Yeah, your options for audio are 1) HDMI (not really what you want in a handheld) 2) USB Audio and 3) Low-pass filter utilizing PWM audio. If you are wanting to use option 3, go check out 1461748123 post. He has a good system working right now. Low-pass Filter

@DirtyBeagles sorry for hijacking your forum. Back to your question, I was looking at your diagram and am a little confused about how you're hoping to accomplish getting audio. You have power to amp, but no audio source. Are you going to use USB audio or PWM?

MaKro

Post by MaKro » Sun May 29, 2016 10:47 pm

Kilren wrote:
MaKro wrote:
Kilren wrote: THE PWM audio does take a low-filter setup to have it work. However, like DB and Fleder said, it is available option instead of the USB auido or HDMI.

RPi0 PWM Audio
Yeah, your options for audio are 1) HDMI (not really what you want in a handheld) 2) USB Audio and 3) Low-pass filter utilizing PWM audio. If you are wanting to use option 3, go check out 1461748123 post. He has a good system working right now. Low-pass Filter

@DirtyBeagles sorry for hijacking your forum. Back to your question, I was looking at your diagram and am a little confused about how you're hoping to accomplish getting audio. You have power to amp, but no audio source. Are you going to use USB audio or PWM?
I don't think he understood how PWM audio worked

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Mon May 30, 2016 1:27 am

Progress 5-30-2016 (Happy Memorial Day!):

Thanks for all the responses. I figured out what the connection should be and I will be making a complete diagram probably today after I sleep :lol: I used the USB sound board.

The only issue I have is when I plug in my headphones... I still get sound through the speaker. Here is my connection and I assume it has something to do with my ground wires circled:
42.jpg
42.jpg (790.99 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
Here is the insides so far:
41.jpg
41.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 6943 times
Here is a video (sorry for my lack of tetris skills): https://goo.gl/photos/3fvT6fqh1mYAumEHA

On a side note: I did notice that once my 2000 mAh battery started to get low, it started effecting the screen color saturation. When I plug it up to a 5v source like usb the screen went back to normal. I thought that was interesting and would be curious if anyone else had this problem.