Issues programming Teensy LC. HELP!!!!

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
jakers10

Issues programming Teensy LC. HELP!!!!

Post by jakers10 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:56 pm

I put this question out there on the software help forum and got nothing, so I'm hoping somebody in the hardware forum will have an answer!

I cannot get the Teensy LC to program correctly. I am very new to this and I know nothing about programming so I am very stuck. I have downloaded the latest version of arduino 1.8.4. I opened it and it opens correctly. I then downloaded the teensyduino software. At first I had some issues, but I disabled my antivirus and it allowed me to download it completely. I then run the arduino project that was written by Wermy. I changed the board to a Teensy LC and changed the USB type to keyboard+mouse+joystick. When I try to run the verify I get an error every time. The error is "Error compiling for board Teensy LC." Can somebody please help me? Thanks!

fsatatkid

Re: Issues programming Teensy LC. HELP!!!!

Post by fsatatkid » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm not great with programing and I'm also brand new with Teensy, but on the quick start card Teensy sent with my LC it says that the newest Teensy software isn't compatible with the newest arduino software. It said to use either an older version of Teensy software or an older version of the arduino software and it should work.

jakers10

Post by jakers10 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:53 pm

So I downloaded Arduino 1.8.2 as it is supposedly supported by the newest Teensy version 1.39. Anybody else have any ideas? I'm not good at programming. Am I missing something here? This is the message I get now.

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3\IntervalTimer.h:34:0,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3\IntervalTimer.cpp:31:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3\IntervalTimer.cpp: In member function 'void IntervalTimer::end()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3\IntervalTimer.cpp:87:20: error: 'IRQ_PIT_CH0' was not declared in this scope

NVIC_DISABLE_IRQ(IRQ_PIT_CH0 + index);

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3\kinetis.h:5627:68: note: in definition of macro 'NVIC_DISABLE_IRQ'

#define NVIC_DISABLE_IRQ(n) (*((volatile uint32_t *)0xE000E180 + ((n) >> 5)) = (1 << ((n) & 31)))

^

Error compiling for board Teensy LC.

jakers10

Post by jakers10 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Does anybody have any ideas on this? I'd like to get my Teensy programmed so I can try this thing out. The little carrots in the coding up above should be under the I in (IRQ_ and also under the n in + ((n). Any help would be great!