GPIO input and I2S Audio

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
jakejm79

GPIO input and I2S Audio

Post by jakejm79 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:57 pm

So I am gathering my parts to start a GBZ project and I have a few questions:
In order to reduce the budget and simplify things I plan on using GPIO input and I2S audio, couple of things:
1. I was originally going to use prerunnerseth's script for setting up the GPIO input, but some of the pins will be needed for I2S audio, so I was looking at tinkerBoys script, correct me if I am wrong, but that appears that it doesn't use GPIO 18,19 or 21?
2. Part of my reasoning for using I2S audio was to avoid having to not only build but also wire in a LPF, I figure I can mount the MAX98257 right next to the speaker keeping the analog audio cables nice and short to reduce interference as much as possible.
3. My plan to keep all the wiring tidy was just to take a 44 pin IDE cable and insert that into the pin header, I can then separate all of the groups of various wiring off to keep things tidy, i.e running a group of 13 wires to the button PCB, 5 down to the MAX98257, etc. I don't plan on having volume control, headphone jack or external USB, I'm hoping this can make for connecting the two halves pretty easy, anyone see anything wrong with that, is IDE cable suitable enough?