Two controllers in one Leonardo

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Roller Toaster

Two controllers in one Leonardo

Post by Roller Toaster » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Is there a way to make one of these output as two USB controllers to a raspberry pi? I was thinking of hooking up a couple of joysticks and buttons and making a bartop arcade, but I'd like to only use one Leonardo Pro Micro because it has enough pins.

RetroRocket

Re: Two controllers in one Leonardo

Post by RetroRocket » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:54 pm

I imagine you could run the input as keyboard buttons and map those alphanumeric values to button controls. Someone more experienced with programming should jump in here, but you could program say WASD controls and Numpad controls in arduino, then in the emulator settings, set those groups of inputs as player one and player two.

moooarcuuuus

Re: Two controllers in one Leonardo

Post by moooarcuuuus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:23 pm

Roller Toaster wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:44 pm
Is there a way to make one of these output as two USB controllers to a raspberry pi? I was thinking of hooking up a couple of joysticks and buttons and making a bartop arcade, but I'd like to only use one Leonardo Pro Micro because it has enough pins.
It works. https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/MouseKeyboard
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over