[SUPPORT] Kite's Super AIO Support Thread

Get help with products you purchased from forum members here!
Ruben1701

Re: [SUPPORT] Kite's Super AIO Support Thread

Post by Ruben1701 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:55 am

kite wrote:
Ruben1701 wrote:Thank you but this isnt totally what i meant. I mean when i want the 4 bumper buttons i need to align the ground side can i recognize this on the button or?
For the L1L2/R1R2 buttons, I supply a 3pin cable which has GND, L1, L2 .. you should place the GND pin to ONE side of BOTH the buttons (doesn't matter which side) and the L1 to ONE of the buttons, and L2 to the OTHER button (ps not shouting, just giving emphasis ;) ). Hope that makes sense.. a button doesn't have a specific 'ground side', but it does have a side that YOU connected to ground :)
Ah thanks alot dude time to finish my build then!

valinhorn

Post by valinhorn » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:15 am

I noticed the guide doesn't mention heat shrink tubing but it looks like it is being used on the power switch and would probably be good on the L1/L2 and R1/R2 buttons. Thought it might be something to add to the build guide. Everything else looks awesome and I can't wait for my board to get here.

Lintu

Post by Lintu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Just had the chance to check out the contents of my kit.

Seems I'm missing an LED, no biggie, was kinda planning on getting some in different colours anyway. What I did notice though is that one of the LEDs has three prongs. Seeing as the status LED connection on the board has three holes, I guess this one is the Status LED. There is no mention of this in the manual though, will this be updated?

Also, you mention plugging in the board to a PC as a first test, is this done through the charging port, or via that PIUSB header?

kite

Post by kite » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Lintu wrote:Just had the chance to check out the contents of my kit.

Seems I'm missing an LED, no biggie, was kinda planning on getting some in different colours anyway. What I did notice though is that one of the LEDs has three prongs. Seeing as the status LED connection on the board has three holes, I guess this one is the Status LED. There is no mention of this in the manual though, will this be updated?

Also, you mention plugging in the board to a PC as a first test, is this done through the charging port, or via that PIUSB header?
Sorry about the missing LED! I can send you a replacement if you'd like? They're just normal 3mm LEDs..

Ah yes, I haven't updated that bit, I'll sort that out tomorrow.. you'll notice that the holes are closer together than the LED pins are.. it is possible to bend the legs to fit (heatshrink the middle pin is recommended) .. I didn't mean for it to be this tight, that serves me right I guess for using a 3pin LED part from a random library!! I'll put all this in the manual, including which way round it goes..

Start off with the charging port (it will come up as Arduino Leonardo) .. the PIUSB will appear as the USB hub, you can try that if you like but involves making your own cable.. the charging port should be sufficient :) you can also then short the 'power switch' pins at the top next to the battery connector with tweezers and that will do the same as sliding the switch.. this way you can see all the LEDs lighting up compared to the pictures in manual (note that when ON the charging port USB will disconnect .. and the hub is only on when the switch is on!
PRE-ORDER CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4351
Kite's SUPER AIO Support Thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2508
Kite's PRE-ORDER SIGN UP NOTIFICATION: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's Next Project Hardware Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/mUZYg7hAA8XqFaTk2

NEED TO CONTACT ME? SEND AN EMAIL (PMs don't get checked often and are hard to track)

admarshall

Post by admarshall » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 am

Hey kite, just received the board in the post, so stoked - thanks for your hard work.
I'm going to be using a pi3 - when can I get a pi3ext kit from you? (as mentioned in the manual @ 2.2)

ch4r0s

Post by ch4r0s » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:58 am

Hey @all,

reveived my board yesterday and just now, I'm testing the screen. I've flashed the latest tester image to my SD card, solder connections works fine, but I don't get a picture to the screen. No white screen or something. All I've got is the backlight on. Any ideas?

kite

Post by kite » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:45 am

ch4r0s wrote:Hey @all,

reveived my board yesterday and just now, I'm testing the screen. I've flashed the latest tester image to my SD card, solder connections works fine, but I don't get a picture to the screen. No white screen or something. All I've got is the backlight on. Any ideas?
Pictures? Also does the Pi's Status LED (green) flash? Also a picture of the side of the board with all the LEDs .. without any 'signal' the LCD will be like a dark grey (with the backlight on)

Also is this a Pi Zero, or a Zero W?

NEED TO CONTACT ME? SEND AN EMAIL (PMs don't get checked often and are hard to track)

ch4r0s

Post by ch4r0s » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:34 pm

kite wrote: Pictures? Also does the Pi's Status LED (green) flash? Also a picture of the side of the board with all the LEDs .. without any 'signal' the LCD will be like a dark grey (with the backlight on)

Sorry for the short post,
I didn't solder the LEDs yet, but the raspberry boots up, the green LED shows the SD card reading. Also I've checked the LEDs. It's a normal Pi Zero.
IMG_20170304_201330.jpg
IMG_20170304_201330.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 1825 times
IMG_20170304_201402.jpg
IMG_20170304_201402.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 1825 times

kite

Post by kite » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:46 pm

ch4r0s wrote:
kite wrote: Pictures? Also does the Pi's Status LED (green) flash? Also a picture of the side of the board with all the LEDs .. without any 'signal' the LCD will be like a dark grey (with the backlight on)

Sorry for the short post,
I didn't solder the LEDs yet, but the raspberry boots up, the green LED shows the SD card reading. Also I've checked the LEDs. It's a normal Pi Zero.

IMG_20170304_201330.jpg

IMG_20170304_201402.jpg
Thanks for the pics they're great :) Good news is it looks like everything else is working as expected (e.g. the USB HUB looks good so your USB connections are good!). Pi led flashing is good too. Also note that the solder-able LEDs are already available elsewhere on the board so your pic of all the LEDs shows all the right stuff anyway, no more information if you had them soldered or not!

Ok, first it looks like the ribbon cable isn't seated properly, you can see at the bottom that there are contacts showing.. take it out and make sure it's all the way in, you might have to wiggle it slightly but you shouldn't be able to see any of the contact when it's fully in.
Try that.

If it's still the same, can you re solder the following pins, because that are the MOST important and if ONLY they are working, you'll see something on the screen (the picture is looking at the side with the Pi on, as you will be looking at it when soldering):

And give that a go :)

ch4r0s

Post by ch4r0s » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:21 pm

@kite: you are my hero, for creating this board and for the help. it was pin 27. thanks a lot