[SUPPORT] Kite's Super AIO Support Thread

Get help with products you purchased from forum members here!
kite

Re: [SUPPORT] Kite's Super AIO Support Thread

Post by kite » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:14 pm

ch4r0s wrote:@kite: you are my hero, for creating this board and for the help. it was pin 27. thanks a lot
Awesome!! :D hopefully this will help others too, I'll probably add this to the next iteration of the manual.. let us know how it goes and if you have problems anywhere else :) also any tips you personally think may help stick them here!
PRE-ORDER CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4351
Kite's SUPER AIO Support Thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2508
Kite's PRE-ORDER SIGN UP NOTIFICATION: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's Next Project Hardware Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/mUZYg7hAA8XqFaTk2

NEED TO CONTACT ME? SEND AN EMAIL (PMs don't get checked often and are hard to track)

RhinoNigel

Post by RhinoNigel » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Not having M2 bolts:

I also failed to order these and when my board came in the mail, I wanted to get working on it. I know I'm going to get sh*t for rigging it like this, but I'm American and we like instant gratification. But I got some nails and put them through the holes(for the spacers) and alligator clamps to hold it down. And for holding the pi down while I soldered, I used twist ties :oops: ....I know it's embarrassing, but it worked and I figured maybe someone else may find this helpful.

meldaryste

Post by meldaryste » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:18 pm

RhinoNigel wrote:Not having M2 bolts:

I also failed to order these and when my board came in the mail, I wanted to get working on it. I know I'm going to get sh*t for rigging it like this, but I'm American and we like instant gratification. But I got some nails and put them through the holes(for the spacers) and alligator clamps to hold it down. And for holding the pi down while I soldered, I used twist ties :oops: ....I know it's embarrassing, but it worked and I figured maybe someone else may find this helpful.
Also from the States, and I just got back from home depot where I bought a 10 pack of bolts and nuts, "Everbilt #2-56 x 3/8 in." I bought those, 2 x m2 bolts and 2 x m2 nuts. cost me $2.40 total, and they all work the same. Not all home depots carry the M2's, but the other pack is standard in most of them.

RhinoNigel

Post by RhinoNigel » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Not sure if it's just the screens lower resolution or if my solder points are bad, but some of the images just don't seem right. Such as the whites being a blue tint and the raspberry on the boot screen, is kinda purple, but if that was the case, wouldnt all reds be like that? On the retropie menu, reds are red. Can someone tell me which one it is?

ch4r0s

Post by ch4r0s » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:34 am

The bolts are useful but not necessary. I've used my third hand to hold the Pi in position and soldered the first points to fix it. You only have to take a little bit more care at the beginning.

meldaryste

Post by meldaryste » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:11 am

When I have the screen connected I get a gray screen as well and no sound coming through. I can see the pi itself power light it coming on, but there is a pi status light on the board that is not lighting up. I've triple checked the ribbon cable being all the way seated. Any suggestions?
Attachments
20170305_030650.jpg
20170305_030650.jpg (6.54 MiB) Viewed 943 times
20170305_030542.jpg
20170305_030542.jpg (4.72 MiB) Viewed 943 times

admarshall

Post by admarshall » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:13 am

admarshall wrote:Hey kite, just received the board in the post, so stoked - thanks for your hard work.
I'm going to be using a pi3 - when can I get a pi3ext kit from you? (as mentioned in the manual @ 2.2)
@kite i.e. The gpio ribbon and sd pad connector - thanks

kite

Post by kite » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:38 am

RhinoNigel wrote:Not sure if it's just the screens lower resolution or if my solder points are bad, but some of the images just don't seem right. Such as the whites being a blue tint and the raspberry on the boot screen, is kinda purple, but if that was the case, wouldnt all reds be like that? On the retropie menu, reds are red. Can someone tell me which one it is?
You are missing a number of GPIO pins soldered correctly, please flash the 'tester' image and boot that.. one of the tests shows a colourful screen! Can you take a picture of that and post here and I'll tell you which is soldered badly?
meldaryste wrote:When I have the screen connected I get a gray screen as well and no sound coming through. I can see the pi itself power light it coming on, but there is a pi status light on the board that is not lighting up. I've triple checked the ribbon cable being all the way seated. Any suggestions?
From the Pics it looks like your USB pads aren't connected properly, re-do those.

If the Pi's SD activity light isn't lighting up (it's an LED ON the pi itself) then you haven't soldered the SD pins properly. Solder those again and try again. Also solder the red highlighted pins a few posts ago as those will get the screen working.
admarshall wrote:@kite i.e. The gpio ribbon and sd pad connector - thanks
Send me a PM in 3-5 days with this same question and I'll see what I can do then :)
PRE-ORDER CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4351
Kite's SUPER AIO Support Thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2508
Kite's PRE-ORDER SIGN UP NOTIFICATION: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's Next Project Hardware Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/mUZYg7hAA8XqFaTk2

NEED TO CONTACT ME? SEND AN EMAIL (PMs don't get checked often and are hard to track)

ch4r0s

Post by ch4r0s » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:44 am

meldaryste wrote:When I have the screen connected I get a gray screen as well and no sound coming through. I can see the pi itself power light it coming on, but there is a pi status light on the board that is not lighting up. I've triple checked the ribbon cable being all the way seated. Any suggestions?
In addition on kite's reply, you can check your solder points with a voltmeter. That's the way I've tested my connections.
Last edited by ch4r0s on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

ch4r0s

Post by ch4r0s » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:21 am

Ok, after resoldering my gpio connectors, this is it, what it has to look like with the test image.
IMG_20170305_121705.jpg
IMG_20170305_121705.jpg (4.03 MiB) Viewed 918 times
IMG_20170305_121703.jpg
IMG_20170305_121703.jpg (3.92 MiB) Viewed 918 times