What games do you play?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
Marget Arnold

Re: What games do you play?

Post by Marget Arnold » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:48 am

statikeffeck wrote:With the recent Pokemon GO craze on mobile, it got me interested in playing the old pokemon games again, so I'm playing Pokemon Leaf Green for GBA on my GBZ.

Also played a bit of Phantasy Star for Genesis, I plan to continue that after Pokemon.
Yep, Pokemon Go has become very popular game. I also start playing it.
Last edited by Marget Arnold on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is me! What you see is what you get.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:09 am

I don't get alot of free time to play but when I do it's usually The Division on PS4 with a few work buddies on Friday nights. Some times I play the old SNES or Genesis/Mega Drive classics and make cheats while I'm at it (I'm an Admin over at gamehacking.org).
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

RxBrad

Post by RxBrad » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:13 pm

I won a copy of Overwatch from Taco Bell on my PS4 (PSN ID millerbrad). Since then, I'm hooked. Even though I'm apparently not very good (SR around 2300 I think).

As far as GBZ... plan to play a little bit of everything. Just as soon as the FET shows up so I can finish the graceful shutdown switch. Maybe I'll finally finish Final Fantasy 5. Played it a couple times on PC emulators, but didn't have the patience to sit at a PC long enough to beat that game.

I also like to play arcade games on the full-size cabinet I built last year. Gave me a new appreciation for schmup games.
Image Image

NyteFury

Post by NyteFury » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:57 pm

I've been replaying games I played as a kid on my WiP GBPi. I also play CS:GO, Mass Effect, and lately 7 Days to Die.
Gameboy Pocket Zero [in progress]: http://imgur.com/a/L87uk

WoodMill

Post by WoodMill » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Don't forget Kirby Pinball.

I built a Pi3 console earlier this year, and have been loving playing all the games I wished I'd had.

Growing up I had: NES, Game Gear, Genesis/32x/CD. Missed out on a lot of SNES and gameboy games.

Batman Return on SNES is one I'm enjoying. Also I never had Contra but a friend did, and we'd play all night long.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds

Jennifercjohnson

Post by Jennifercjohnson » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:07 am

It's The Secret of Monkey Island ;)

I'm really lucky that this was the first adventure game I'd played because it got me into a genre which has many great games and is recently seeing a resurgence with developers like Telltale and even LucasArts themselves after the release of some of their back catalogue on Steam. :lol:
gain immediate access to over 600 live Kurdish and Arabic channels via Easybox Arabia

CaptainDurden

Post by CaptainDurden » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:15 am

telltale is to good adventures what McDonald's is to good burgers...

i mainly plan on playing old square rpgs and Zelda games I missed out on.
let's be honest here, many retro games have not aged well or were boring to begin with.
going back to games like turtles in time, the first donkey Kong country or old school jump n runs like toki/ bonk/ Chuck rock/ wonder boy/ alexx kid turned out to be lessons in utter tediousness and boredom.
Helder wrote:People spend so much time in asking questions and no time looking for an answer that is available.

Billy Blaze

Post by Billy Blaze » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Jennifercjohnson wrote:It's The Secret of Monkey Island ;)

I'm really lucky that this was the first adventure game I'd played because it got me into a genre which has many great games and is recently seeing a resurgence with developers like Telltale and even LucasArts themselves after the release of some of their back catalogue on Steam. :lol:
The good old LucasArts games are really kick ass. I especially adore Sam&Max - Hit the Road.

but my main goal for this GBZ project is to fire up a certain DOS classic sidescroler: Commander Keen.
For so many years I've dreamed about a handheld solution for this gaming series. I'm also looking forward to play some of those fine community Keen mods over here: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Galaxy_Mods

Erwinbrowning

Post by Erwinbrowning » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:12 am

Metro 2033, DiRT 3, GTA IV, Shank 2 and Crysis 2. :D
Addicted to watch MBC drama on Tvluux.

WoodMill

Post by WoodMill » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:47 am

m0rphman wrote:As a huge Link to the Past fan I thought I'd try the the Zelda game that was released for GBA called The Minish Cap.
Let me tell you it is awesome! I started it a couple of weeks ago and I am impressed by how fresh it feels and how much there is to explore.

Also I definitely have to play through Crono Trigger at some point. I think I started it two times but never finished it.

m0rphman
I've been playing the SNES Link to the Past. The only Zelda game I have ever played was the original NES one. After I finish A the SNES Link to the Past, I'm going to look for something else to play. Loving being able to save the game, and reloading it if I die, so that I can just start right back where I need to go, instead of marching all that way again.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds