All in One PCB Support Thread

LarsH.

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by LarsH. » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:52 am

Hello, my L1, L2, R1 and R2 buttons don't seams to work. My wire Set up =
L And R buttons.jpg
L And R buttons.jpg (615.85 KiB) Viewed 9153 times
did i make a mistake ? the joystick don't work too, the other buttons seams to work. My camera is Junk, so you cant see anything :oops:
analog stick.JPG
analog stick.JPG (2.94 MiB) Viewed 9151 times
Sorry for my stupid english, im from Germany :roll:

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:19 pm

The board comes preprogrammed for no analog stick which is why it's not working. In your edited image that looks fine but I can't see your actual wiring to determine anything.

Since you plan to use an analog stick you need to program the board for this and if there was some button issue the reprogram will fix it.

Head over to the "Other Hardware" forum for some guides on how to reprogram the board for analog stick.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

LarsH.

Post by LarsH. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:42 pm

thank you :D , i didn't now that i need to reprogram it, i already destroyed too joysticks :?
Sorry for my stupid english, im from Germany :roll:

BenOfTheNorth

Post by BenOfTheNorth » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Helder wrote:
BenOfTheNorth wrote:Hey guys, I have a question RE video noise/interference. I have the board wired up in a normal way but I'm getting a fair bit of interference on the display - is there a common fix for this? Is there a best practice for shielding the video cable at all? I tried powering the display right from the power boost instead of the power strip on the board and had the same problem, so I know the issue isn't directly with that...

Back when I used separate components instead of the AIO I never really had noise so I know the screens board is okay. Would love any advice.

Is it possible that the PWM pads on the board are just too close to the ribbon for the screen?

ta!
Post pictures of your wiring. Try the screen connected and powered by the Pi itself and nothing else connected to see if it still has interference.
Sorry about the lack of response - I've only just gotten round to sorting it all out :D I managed to sort the noise on the video by grounding the screen to the pi (the pin next to the TV out pin) and that cleared up the noise - the board is now working 100%, and great audio too! Cheers @helder it's made such a difference to the set up inside 8-) Now if I could only figure out a way I can close the battery cover with my battery inside ha!

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:28 am

Audio is now sorted for me, I used 4.7 Ohm resistors on the R17 & R18 pads the R15 & R16 pads are still 10 Ohm with 100 Ohm soldered to the right of them then going to the speakers negative side.

I set the volume in alsamixer to the max I could without audio cutout then in each emulator while a game was running I brought up retroarch menu (select and X) and then set the volume for each individual core so I got max volume for each core without choppy audio. Mega drive (genesis) is still the only one that has to run a little lower but is much better and clearer than it was.

Cheers
John

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:42 am

Mischief wrote:Audio is now sorted for me, I used 4.7 Ohm resistors on the R17 & R18 pads the R15 & R16 pads are still 10 Ohm with 100 Ohm soldered to the right of them then going to the speakers negative side.

I set the volume in alsamixer to the max I could without audio cutout then in each emulator while a game was running I brought up retroarch menu (select and X) and then set the volume for each individual core so I got max volume for each core without choppy audio. Mega drive (genesis) is still the only one that has to run a little lower but is much better and clearer than it was.

Cheers
John

thanks John,

any chance of an image/photo to show some of us novices (just so that we can visualise the briliance)

codacious

Post by codacious » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask for help on this particular board. I am not getting ANY audio whatsoever from [mention]Helder[/mention]'s blue audio board. I have added the line that enables PWM audio. I am not getting any sound from headphones as well. I have wired the potentiometer and even flipped it because I was worried I had wired it backwards. Same result. I hope someone can help. Thanks!

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:40 am

codacious wrote:Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask for help on this particular board. I am not getting ANY audio whatsoever from [mention]Helder[/mention]'s blue audio board. I have added the line that enables PWM audio. I am not getting any sound from headphones as well. I have wired the potentiometer and even flipped it because I was worried I had wired it backwards. Same result. I hope someone can help. Thanks!
your wiring looks fine. You can use alsamixer to set your volume to max ... also you can try to unsolder pwm0 and solder the wire to pwm1 (I'm using this fix for both of my 2.2 boards)

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:48 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mischief wrote:Audio is now sorted for me, I used 4.7 Ohm resistors on the R17 & R18 pads the R15 & R16 pads are still 10 Ohm with 100 Ohm soldered to the right of them then going to the speakers negative side.

Cheers
John

thanks John,

any chance of an image/photo to show some of us novices (just so that we can visualise the briliance)
Wiring is exactly like what @Boubobo posted earlier in this thread (here is his image):

I have closed up my GBZ and don't intend on opening it up again (unless I get an issue) I will make a video later on how I changed the volume on each individual core.

codacious

Post by codacious » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:40 pm

your wiring looks fine. You can use alsamixer to set your volume to max ... also you can try to unsolder pwm0 and solder the wire to pwm1 (I'm using this fix for both of my 2.2 boards)
Hey thanks for the reply. I had already maxed out the volume but I will definitely try wiring both wires to pwm1 tonight and see if I get any sound then. Thanks again!